Sunday Curry Hoisin'y Inspired Picnic, Ribs, Couple of Chicken & Some Type of Beef (Testing the Western Walmart Lump)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Wife has friends coming to visit today and they like bbq so she asked if I would cook bbq. I bitched and complained, but finally agreed :becky:. Going to give them a selection as I pulled out some ribs from the freezer, then bought a few chickens and a picnic from Walmart when getting that sweet lump charcoal deal.

Here's the stuff from Walmart and spatchcocking the chicken this morning. Looking forward to seeing how the lump does. 30lbs for $10 is nuts
si5RXTIl.jpg

wf06Hial.jpg

9UH8uMEl.jpg

zB1rDl8l.jpg

Love trying new things on guests that could hilariously backfire :clap2:. So here is the injection I randomly decided upon
hNCjbDjl.jpg

ALBpqe6l.jpg

uL9wLovl.jpg

fXXPIr8l.jpg

YO4qnXIl.jpg

I have leftover wagyu brisket trimmings I might smoke with some beef shank I also have, but about to run back to the store for some non-food stuff I need so we'll see what I also might pick up :-D. Going to run on 2 drums.

Looks like grand times ahead!

Thoroughly interested in how that picnic turns out. The flavors in the injection work well together... in my head, at least.

Have fun!

Looking good so far Jason. You need to get one of the carts with the car attached for the tiny human.

Wow! What an amazing feast this is going to be.

Back