Sunday, 8/10/2014 Brethren Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

Poll closed, Date and Location Decided

• Total voters
I don't think any forest preserve district allows it :(

We could try to be discrete :-D

Or, does anyone have enough property to host something like this?

I don't think any forest preserve district allows it :(

We could try to be discrete :-D

Or, does anyone have enough property to host something like this?

Cook County does in most picnic groves. We would have to get a permit and if you want a shelter it may be difficult because most are already reserved by now. If you have a general area in mind that would be convenient for all I could check on it.

Anything with access from the major highways would be fine to me. It looks like we may have folks coming from MI and WI so far.

Anything with access from the major highways would be fine to me. It looks like we may have folks coming from MI and WI so far.

I checked the availability of the Cook County picnic groves around where I-55 and I-294 meet and where Ogden Ave. and I-294 meet for Saturday Aug 9th. If we do not require a shelter there are some groves available. If everyone who can brings their pop-up canopies it shouldn't be a big deal. The other thing is how many people would be attending. Permits for groves that hold up to 99 people are about 50 bucks. 100 and up are 100 bucks.

Thanks!

A shelter would be nice if it storms, but I have two EZ-Ups and I'm sure there are others available.

I seriously doubt it will me 100 or more, but it's hard to say for sure.

groooansmileyf.gif

I know in the Lake County Forest Preserves you can have alcohol. This is the only rule I see. Alcohol is not permitted within 50 feet of parking lots and roadways.

Do we have a Lake County resident willing to look into availability as an alternative?

We're competing 3 of those weekends and cooking for our team sponsor the other one.

:mmph:

Heck, we only have one weekend open between now an November actually.

Dangit. I'd love to be there.

I just checked for Aug 9 for 50 people and it only shows Lakewood Shelter B and Heron Creek Shelter A

If we made it a Sunday that would be fine for me as well.
I've got 2 10x10 pop ups as well if we go that route

I'm OK with a Sunday, too, if that's how it goes.

Let's nail it down guys- let's do this!!

I'm on the breakfast team.... c'mon!!!

When I set up the January lunch we lost a lot of people if we held it on a Sunday. That's why I was thinking Saturday.

It seems there only a handful of us are participating in this thread. I guess it's time for me to get a PM campaign going to find how how many are interested. I'm going to change the poll to allow folks to choose either Aug 9 or Aug 10 and see what happens.

Back