*** 2015 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

I think we'll be able to make it after all, looks like my trip has been postponed. It's looking like maybe some rain/thundershowers in the morning tomorrow, so we will likely wait until that lets up. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cool!

We have a big shelter, so don't let a little rain stop you :-D

This might be a good time to bring up the rules of the forest preserves. Most stuff is common sense. The big thing is glass containers are not allowed. If you are bringing beer cans are a good idea. Solo cups are good as well. Just don't need "The Man" coming down on us.

http://fpdcc.com/preserves-and-trail...d-regulations/

Also BRING WATER for drinking, cooking and cleaning. These woods are located on (or near) a nuclear waste dump from the Manhattan Project. They disconnected the well water pumps years ago as a precaution.

There is a Speedway gas station food mart right near the entrance of the woods if anyone needs any last minute stuff like ice or water or beer or soda etc.

This might be a good time to bring up the rules of the forest preserves. Most stuff is common sense. The big thing is glass containers are not allowed. If you are bringing beer cans are a good idea. Solo cups are good as well. Just don't need "The Man" coming down on us.

http://fpdcc.com/preserves-and-trail...d-regulations/

Also BRING WATER for drinking, cooking and cleaning. These woods are located on (or near) a nuclear waste dump from the Manhattan Project. They disconnected the well water pumps years ago as a precaution.

There is a Speedway gas station food mart right near the entrance of the woods if anyone needs any last minute stuff like ice or water or beer or soda etc.

Thanks for the warning Steve! Really, a nuclear waste dump?:shocked: Just what every former cancer patient wants to hear!

We'll be sure to bring solo cups as I was going to bring some bottled beer.

The nuclear waste dump does add a bit of intrigue and excitement to the whole event. Will bring my Hazmat suit.

It's a little bit tricky to find the entrance to the forest preserve. You have to turn off of Willow Springs Road at the speedway station and go south on the access road.

Wish I could have made it. We were driving back from St. Louis. No matter how fast I drove, it wasn't fast enough. I hope to live vicariously through some pictures that I am sure you will all post tomorrow while you're at work. :wink:

I hope everyone enjoyed the day yesterday! Did you get enough to eat? :-D

Mike, I'm sorry that we had to leave before your ribs were done. I hope that they came oit well!

I didn't take as many pictures as usual since it's awkward to do it left handed, but here is what I took...

19831600056_5b5352fd75_b.jpg

Flying the colors thanks to Neotrout!

19831598946_b2c3c40679_z.jpg

Stoke & Smoke and Hothead solving the world's problems :p

19857803895_85b9ea0cfa_z.jpg

Noah from PBC getting a PBC ready

19669753208_57892d7013_z.jpg

The PBC getting hot!

19237114793_cdf55dc0d1_z.jpg

Wings ready to go in

19831598606_6cb2a3ff45_z.jpg

Wanthon58 and Noah discussing the PBC

19236884523_04b1e67a2a_z.jpg

"My ribs are this long" :p

19862746541_7b24978e6b_z.jpg

The setup

19850389302_ca2d495189_z.jpg

The setup

19235151114_f7b1d8531f_z.jpg
[/url]
Wings on the PBC!

19669776040_25cdc1a991_z.jpg

T&S BBQ's mini with the one-of-a-king Brethren placard!

19236886813_7513c891ac_z.jpg

Grif's new SouthernQ and trailer

I want to thank Noah and Jason from PBC for coming to hang with us! It was great meeting you nd getting the scoop on some exciting new stuff happening at PBC!

Great time!

Had a ball seeing old faces, and meeting many more new ones!

Really glad I was able to make this one as for a while, I thought I'd be heading to Indy for work. Everyone's food was outstanding.

Thanks especially to the guys from Pit Barrel smokers who drove 5.5 hours each way to be there, and show off their product (and some awesome wings!)

NeoTrout and his friends pizza - this was some great stuff....microthin crust, super crispy but still tasted awesome!

20150719_134611_zpsmxjxesm0.jpg

20150719_134601_zpshfrzq2ws.jpg

Pit Barrel cookers wings

PBC_zpsxa1a0sie.jpg

20150719_134628_zpszkgy22wy.jpg

2SC's bacon bourbon chex mix
20150719_134539_003_zps6m0th9ge.jpg

Low country boil and cuke salad
20150719_134547_001_zpsvk1ghzaj.jpg

Wish I'd been able to get pics of all the great food, as well as great folks! But I'm sure plenty of others will share. Can't wait to do it again next year!

Great venue, except for just trying to find the entrance without the police assisted detour!:roll:

Thanks for the pictures, Dann! The chex mix and low country boil were great!

Everything was great :-D

So sorry I could not make it. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I talked to Noah after the Bash and he said the food was fabulous and that you guys could not have been any nicer. He said he would be happy to BBQ with the Brethren any time. Thanks everyone for making him feel so welcome. Ron I forwarded your post with the pics to Noah.

Thanks for the pictures, Dann! The chex mix and low country boil were great!

Everything was great :-D

It was all fantastic, that Asian rib someone made had my eyes rolling back in my head! pizza was outstanding, I really can't think of anything that wasn't delicious!

Great group, can't wait to do it again next year, and location was nice, once ya found it!:biggrin1:

Looks like a great time, to bad I missed it. Joined the site a few days to late, did not see. Will be watching for next year.

Watch this section of the forum starting in late November. We'll be getting together for lunch in January!

Back