Storebought Chili? FROM CLEVELAND?!?!

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mik
Yah. Whitey's Booze and Burgers in Richfield is known for their chili. You can get it at Gordon's Food Service in a 5 lb frozen bag. I heated one up for lunch and was surprised how good it was. It's mild, so you have lots of room to spice it up as you like, but it has a good meaty flavor - not too much tomato. I added some cut up fresh jalapeno and some ancho powder to give it a nice polite burn, but the first cup I just had straight and enjoyed it.

Now, this is a midwestern chili, not Texas, so it has beans but they are pretty small and not all mealy.

Of course this experiment is all Adams' fault because he posted that Ghost Town Chili Seasoning stuff. :mrgreen:

Wendy's chili is also available in stores. No idea how it compares to the real stuff you get from the restaurant. May have to try it, even though it contains beans.

PA is too damn big. Closest PA store is like 5 hours away. I'll stick to my Chili recipe, lol.

Wendy's chili is also available in stores. No idea how it compares to the real stuff you get from the restaurant. May have to try it, even though it contains beans.

Really? Where? I love Wendy's chili. I mean, i wouldnt call it chili, but whatever it is, its good. I actually make my chili similar to Wendy's. I bake ground beef on a baking sheet and chop it up before adding to a pot to make chili. Its basicly what wendy's does, but they use leftover burger patties. Whats great about this method is i can add chili powder to the ground beef before pressing it into the baking sheet. As it cooks, the grease bakes out, but the chili powder stays in. So when its chopped, it has tons of chili flavor inside the chunks.

PS: You're welcome for the tip.

Last edited:
Well, there WERE leftovers, y'know. :mrgreen:

You can buy Wendy's chili now at Kroger here. Kind of pricey at $5 a can, but available and it's always nice to have a quick meal you can just nuke up.

Don't get out much, eh Bob?

It was an honest question. Some chain grocery stores go by different names depending on what state. For example, IGA, Weis and King's are the same company.

Whenever i read a Walmart thread, there's always a few people calling it Wally World.

Well, there WERE leftovers, y'know. :mrgreen:

You can buy Wendy's chili now at Kroger here. Kind of pricey at $5 a can, but available and it's always nice to have a quick meal you can just nuke up.

Just returned from Wal Mart picking up a select full packer for $20. It wasn't yellow tagged but guessing it was reduced with regular sticker. So not that far to canned chili and there it was, Wendy's chili in a can. $4.97 and can wasn't that big.Ill try it someday, but not today. I used to eat Truck Stop enchiladas on Wednesday several decades ago. The owners daughter gave me the recipe. Melt two pounds Wolf Brand Chili no beans with two pound brick of Velveeta. Semi freeze, scoop into oil softened corn tortillas and roll. Layer rolls in baking dish cover with Old El Paso red enchilada sauce. Heat till bubbly adding a layer of cheddar on top. Serve with salad and pintos.
Truck Stop Enchiladas, safer than Truck Stop Sushi

Yeah, Truck Stop Sushi is a no-go for me.

Or maybe a go-a-lot. Both ends.

But the enchiladas sound delicious. I bet they'd be great with Skyline Chili!!!

It was an honest question. Some chain grocery stores go by different names depending on what state. For example, IGA, Weis and King's are the same company.

Whenever i read a Walmart thread, there's always a few people calling it Wally World.

It's slang for Wal-Mart. Similar to Catty, PA for Catasauqua, PA.

It’s expensive though.
I think it’s $5.99 for a normal sized 14oz. can.

If we're talking store bought chili, here's my choice.

198950993_10109267723175490_9054163505042065490_n.jpg

Back