Steak

Marrow butter? What that? How that?
Ed

Get some marrow bones, roast them, scrape out the marrow and mix it with soft/melted butter. I just eye ball it, but it is probably close to 50/50 butter to marrow. Maybe a little heavier on the butter side. Put it back in the fridge to set up and then use it as you see fit. I don't know how long it would last since every time I make some, I tend to find a reason to use it. :becky:

Awesome post as usual. Still kinda weird that nothing is cured or there is no fermentation of some sort going on in your post. :-D

Now look what you did..... time to search his previous posts to see what I missed earlier.

lol, there goes the rest of the day.

:thumb:

edit: did a quick search.... WoW!

I'll need to plan more reading time and start taking notes. Awesome!

Highly recommend to anyone interested in curing, fermenting as well as smoking and grilling!

Last edited:
OMG, steaks are my great weakness, and ribeye at that. I'm having hot dogs tonight and drooling over that!

Can I come live with you, maybe rent your basement or something? Who keeps marrow butter in the fridge just to have kicking around to maybe throw on top of a perfect ribeye?

:bow:

Who keeps marrow butter in the fridge just to have kicking around to maybe throw on top of a perfect ribeye?

:bow:

I do. :becky: We use it for quite a few things and try to keep it on hand. My wife is really into baking.......smearing some of that on some fresh sourdough is a very good thing.

Back