THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Titch :-)
Just some pictures of Tonight's Dinner as we celebrate Anzac Day.

Rubbed with Grill Mates, Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Made a Peppercorn Gravy, using Tasmanian Bush pepper.

IMG_5056%20Medium_zpslnoeftqc.jpg

IMG_5058%20Medium_zpsp0nwr0lt.jpg

IMG_5064%20Medium_zps2e9cpxsg.jpg

IMG_5065%20Medium_zpskaxuh0bd.jpg

IMG_5068%20Medium_zpsvdxptjoy.jpg

IMG_5074%20Medium_zpsbyd1cwap.jpg

IMG_5079%20Medium_zpsqd8wpds1.jpg

Ah yes, the rotisserie. That is something I don't have, but with all these good cooks coming off one, maybe it's time.

Okay, I'll bite........what's Anzac day?

What does ANZAC stand for?

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as Anzacs, and the pride they took in that name endures to this day.
Why is this day special to Australians?

When war broke out in 1914 Australia had been a federated nation for only 13 years, and its government was eager to establish a reputation among the nations of the world. When Britain declared war in August 1914 Australia was automatically placed on the side of the Commonwealth. In 1915 Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula in order to open the Dardanelles to the allied navies. The ultimate objective was to capture Constantinople (now Istanbul), the capital of the Ottoman Empire, an ally of Germany.
The Australian and New Zealand forces landed on Gallipoli on 25 April, meeting fierce resistance from the Ottoman Turkish defenders. What had been planned as a bold stroke to knock Turkey out of the war quickly became a stalemate, and the campaign dragged on for eight months. At the end of 1915 the allied forces were evacuated from the peninsula, with both sides having suffered heavy casualties and endured great hardships. More than 8,000 Australian soldiers had died in the campaign. Gallipoli had a profound impact on Australians at home, and 25 April soon became the day on which Australians remembered the sacrifice of those who died in the war.
Although the Gallipoli campaign failed in its military objectives, the actions of Australian and New Zealand forces during the campaign left a powerful legacy. What became known as the “Anzac legend” became an important part of the identity of both nations, shaping the ways in which they viewed both their past and their future.

What does ANZAC stand for?

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as Anzacs, and the pride they took in that name endures to this day.
Why is this day special to Australians?

When war broke out in 1914 Australia had been a federated nation for only 13 years, and its government was eager to establish a reputation among the nations of the world. When Britain declared war in August 1914 Australia was automatically placed on the side of the Commonwealth. In 1915 Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula in order to open the Dardanelles to the allied navies. The ultimate objective was to capture Constantinople (now Istanbul), the capital of the Ottoman Empire, an ally of Germany.
The Australian and New Zealand forces landed on Gallipoli on 25 April, meeting fierce resistance from the Ottoman Turkish defenders. What had been planned as a bold stroke to knock Turkey out of the war quickly became a stalemate, and the campaign dragged on for eight months. At the end of 1915 the allied forces were evacuated from the peninsula, with both sides having suffered heavy casualties and endured great hardships. More than 8,000 Australian soldiers had died in the campaign. Gallipoli had a profound impact on Australians at home, and 25 April soon became the day on which Australians remembered the sacrifice of those who died in the war.
Although the Gallipoli campaign failed in its military objectives, the actions of Australian and New Zealand forces during the campaign left a powerful legacy. What became known as the “Anzac legend” became an important part of the identity of both nations, shaping the ways in which they viewed both their past and their future.

Thanks for that, I appreciate it:thumb:

Anzac Day goes beyond the anniversary of the landing on Gallipoli in 1915. It is the day on which we remember all Australians who served and died in war and on operational service. The spirit of Anzac, with its qualities of courage, mateship, and sacrifice, continues to have meaning and relevance for our sense of national identity.

https://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac-day/

Okay, I had to look up those Tasmanian Bush Peppers. For starters, who's the crazy farker that would go looking for berries in Taz. And secondly, how do they taste? Spicier than regular peppercorns that we typically use?

Edit: Oh, and I assume they have teeth and try to kill you, just like everything else in Taz.

Looks great Titch! BTW just curious but do you have to order Weber products from the US or Europe or is there dealers in Australia?

Ross McDonald hold the rights to Weber in Australia.
Read here.
http://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-history/
We sometimes get lucky and can get stuff from the US but Amazon etc have blocked it.
So its really buy local.
The Weber service and Warranty from Ross McDonald would be second to none in the world.
http://www.thebbqshop.com.au/weber-bbq-history

http://www.thebbqshop.com.au/pdf/importing-bbqs.pdf

Hope you read all of that:laugh:

Thanks Titch...interesting history. So pretty much it's rare to get outside BBQ products other than Weber I'm guessing? I was thinking whether or not I'd ever be able to ship to Australia, imagine it'd be spendy.

Thanks Titch...interesting history. So pretty much it's rare to get outside BBQ products other than Weber I'm guessing? I was thinking whether or not I'd ever be able to ship to Australia, imagine it'd be spendy.

If I buy something its not unusual for shipping to cost more,especially if the seller is not overly interested.
Stuff besides Weber is readily available from China with very cheap shipping, sometimes it even lasts a week or so when it gets here:shocked:

Back