Special, but not so special cook

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Got 2 or 3 things going on this weekend. The Missus just finished 20 weeks of chemotherapy on Tuesday, and I wanted to do a special cook for her. So I asked her what her ultimate meal would be and................nothing but crickets, lol. Her Dad's 80th birthday is tomorrow, and the last time they were here I happened to cook the best ribs I've ever done. They couldn't stop eating them or crowing about them. And they aren't big pork fans. I just picked up some back ribs on sale last week that looked really good, so I thought I'd cook those up and send them with her to the farm tomorrow for her Mom and Dad. Oh, and step daughter is home from BC for a visit too. So to make a long story short, I got ribs on!

DrlnzGc.jpg

About an hour and half in....and the Missus smells the meat cooking outside and says, I'm putting my chicken back. I want ribs! :clap2:

So only one rack is going to the farm now! :becky:

DMaNKBx.jpg

This guy is going to join the party

sJYNN0D.jpg

About 2:20 in.......been running at 300 to 350 today with the intakes closed more than normal. Must be the warm weather.

QypQd6g.jpg

Almost done, figure another half hour maybe.

Congrats on your wife’s chemo! I’m sure anything cooked will be great! but never as great as a healthy family.. Or friends ! Enjoy and live life to the fullest! And make sure you tell the people you love…. You love them! Cheers!

Anyhow, Imgur still not cooperating and too late to edit the first post. I think I got a couple resized. So while the ribs were on we went to the licker store. We were walking out and she says
"You bought Paula beer"
Me: "What??"
"You bought Paula beer"
Me: "What??" (you don't drink beer.....)
.....Her probably thinking 'you daft pr*ck'

Anyhow got home and figured it's time for a beer

IASIxK0.jpg

All done! 3 hours.

vEGDQzU.jpg

Nice and meaty for a change. Not much of a smoke ring, which is weird, not that it matters. Maybe the high temps?

PNuZku3.jpg

And she thought they were ambrosia! :-D

New strings too!

Sorry for the farked up thread and pics.

Last edited:
Back