THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That looks wonderful, Moist and a nice skin it appears
Question if I may , if you coat a chook with enough seasoning isn't that a dry Brine?
I,m curious and wonder about such things

Yes its a dry brine. I have done it.

As for brining, i dont do it often. I have to go out of my way to find unenhanced birds and view rhem as prebrined.

Kenji Lopez wrote a piece on brining.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/11/quick-and-dirty-guide-to-brining-turkey-chicken-thanksgiving.html

If i remember his conclusion was brining added moisture but not so much flavor....maybe i should reread the article though

That looks wonderful, Moist and a nice skin it appears
Question if I may , if you coat a chook with enough seasoning isn't that a dry Brine?
I,m curious and wonder about such things
Yes and No, the rub needs to be kosher salt and sit on the meat for a minimum of 2-4 hours...I just seasoned and cooked so it wasn't dry brined. I should dry brine more often though.

His looks great, but I can tell you that the only non-bite through chicken skin I've had in quite a while was with brined birds.

That's why you should let the bird dry in the fridge for a while. It gives the skin a chance to dry out and give the brine time to equalize and distribute throughout the meat.

Back