THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I've been buying Cinnamon Raisin bread at the supermarket, either the Market Basket store brand, Pepperidge Farm or from a local Massachusetts bakery named Jessica's Brick Oven, carried by Market Basket. It's quite good, but any of these can start getting expensive.

I wondered today "why aren't I making this myself?" Good question. Answer is I hadn't considered it. I fed my Sourdough Starter this morning and was rewarded with double the volume in a few hours. I'll spare you the picture of the starter. :wink:

Here's the dough, rolled out and spread with a cinnamon sugar mixture and raisins -

4KMOTgf.jpg

After a second rise in the Lodge loaf pan it's ready for the oven -

0tmtwhI.jpg

After 50-55 minutes it's done and cooling -

4sM0VGA.jpg

mgwTRAh.jpg

This was intended for breakfast tomorrow, but my wife gave me that "you've got to be kidding me" look, so we waited til it cooled and had an evening snack -

RrHbC4b.jpg

mnuXfUl.jpg

tFC5SXt.jpg

eICODHy.jpg

That's the problem with baking bread in the evening for the next day. The chances of an intact loaf surviving the night in this house are slim.

Recipe is from the King Arthur Flour website.

Thanks for checking out yet another sourdough post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Dom, that looks farking awesome! I have started hobbying with bread making the last few weeks, after wanting to learn to make good sourdough and some artisan bread. You are helping keep me inspired!

I've been buying Cinnamon Raisin bread at the supermarket, either the Market Basket store brand, Pepperidge Farm or from a local Massachusetts bakery named Jessica's Brick Oven, carried by Market Basket. It's quite good, but any of these can start getting expensive.

I wondered today "why aren't I making this myself?" Good question. Answer is I hadn't considered it. I fed my Sourdough Starter this morning and was rewarded with double the volume in a few hours. I'll spare you the picture of the starter. :wink:

Here's the dough, rolled out and spread with a cinnamon sugar mixture and raisins -

4KMOTgf.jpg

After a second rise in the Lodge loaf pan it's ready for the oven -

0tmtwhI.jpg

After 50-55 minutes it's done and cooling -

4sM0VGA.jpg

mgwTRAh.jpg

This was intended for breakfast tomorrow, but my wife gave me that "you've got to be kidding me" look, so we waited til it cooled and had an evening snack -

RrHbC4b.jpg

mnuXfUl.jpg

tFC5SXt.jpg

eICODHy.jpg

That's the problem with baking bread in the evening for the next day. The chances of an intact loaf surviving the night in this house are slim.

Recipe is from the King Arthur Flour website.

Thanks for checking out yet another sourdough post.

Regards,
-lunchman
I know what you mean Dom, we had to break in to the new sourdough loaf just a few hours ago even though there is a half loaf in the hold. Now you have me trying this one. LOL

Oh man Dom, you are making me miss my Mom's cinnamon raisin bread at Christmas. She said either cinnamon bread or rolls and the boys quickly said rolls. You can guess who won :-D 2 slight differences, golden raisins and cinnamon sugar on top too...highly recommend. I think I might have her recipe you are making me want to try it too.
Wonderful post, thanks for sharing

Damn - you have a special gift with the baked goods. Everything you do looks like it could be in the front case at a bakery.

Amazing. Feels like I can smell that deliciousness all the way in Chicago! Thanks for sharing, always enjoy seeing your creations.

That looks amazing! I can just imagine the smell and the taste with some melted butter on an early morning with a good cup of coffee. Ahhhh...

I'm going to step up and say add the raisins to my bread that many other brethren don't want. The bread looks amazing and we often use cinnamon raisin bread for french toast and no doubt that would be incredible. Well done, Dom!

Back