Some Comal Tacos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Friends were over on Super Bowl Sunday. We don't watch football but we like to visit and eat. :-D

I gathered some ingredients...onions, peppers, tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic, limes, cilantro, jalapenos...

fUhBnsO.jpg

9T8ut1H.jpg

I went with strip steak this time...

ccQtKHg.jpg

a pork tenderloin, bacon, strip steak, boneless chicken thighs...
colombian chorizo and salvadorian chorizo...

FdnTnNs.jpg

MaRjhPA.jpg

VCpQpqs.jpg

rwrhRaw.jpg

6c2DQKZ.jpg

wiB4n9c.jpg

ready to go..

u1KItnk.jpg

everything was hit with my smoked salt, pepper, onion, garlic blend..

ZBoIYqx.jpg

5fQtVxf.jpg

Used the fancy cooker and comal..

0T1Fbtp.jpg

started with strip steak fat and bacon...

TL1rsHW.jpg

8Su5HUN.jpg

added the pork tenderloin..

g3C1PWB.jpg

cQBjFaz.jpg

Not sure what this one is, but the steak was next. lol

yIHUk0h.jpg

ZV0L4Yu.jpg

6BsV2Xw.jpg

then the chicken...

siYJvWd.jpg

and chorizo....

np1xjEm.jpg

Zr6y8d4.jpg

The next to hit the comal was the onions and garlic...

UCnuPrP.jpg

ZFjf9uV.jpg

tomatillos and peppers...

U0BB7Uy.jpg

tomatoes and seasoning..

sze7EQR.jpg

GNtXkTL.jpg

fresh lime, jalapeno, and beer...

8UDS7dX.jpg

This simmered for quite awhile to blend the flavors and cook the veggies down..

WNgTfdT.jpg

Then I dipped the tortillas in the sauce...

YPHpbor.jpg

added all of the meat to the pan and simmered til hot..

7LsohEk.jpg

BMsBF5e.jpg

Called er good.

hBNPcBW.jpg

This was self serve..

Gey3bTz.jpg

GQzX8Ok.jpg

I liked this meal. The combination of meats and chorizo drippin's really flavored the pot nicely.
It wasn't fancy, no sides. Just cold beer to wash it down. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Those look amazing! I don’t know how you get your comal soo clean after each cook unless you are using a new one every time! I can not get mine to look that good! :( again tacos look amazing cheers to you! Always an impressive cook!

Those look amazing! I don’t know how you get your comal soo clean after each cook unless you are using a new one every time! I can not get mine to look that good! :( again tacos look amazing cheers to you! Always an impressive cook!

Thanks Doug!! :-D
This comal is a lot easier to clean than the one I have with the convex center. lol
I've found that if I lay damp paper towels on the tough spots to soften, it cleans up easily. An sos pad helps too. :-D

Thanks Doug!! :-D
This comal is a lot easier to clean than the one I have with the convex center. lol
I've found that if I lay damp paper towels on the tough spots to soften, it cleans up easily. An sos pad helps too. :-D

I have the other style like you said it’s tough to clean! But if my cooks looked that good I’d be ok with it! :)

Tacos look great, as expected. Sure everyone enjoyed them... And I noticed you paired them with the world's greatest beer. Well played.

I have the other style like you said it’s tough to clean! But if my cooks looked that good I’d be ok with it! :)

lol It is tough to clean! I found that instead of scrubbing right off the bat, the wet paper towels placed on top really help loosen everything and it makes clean up a LOT easier. I enjoy using both comals. They hold a lot of food and it's nice to cook everything in one pan. :laugh:
Thanks again Doug. Hope you're having a great week! :-D

Looks GREAT! What's the difference between the different types of Chorizo's? Taste? Texture? Spice? All of the above?

Thanks Andy! The salvadorian was a bit spicier. It was a red color and the links were smaller than the colombian. I liked both, they had the same texture, pretty tender. I really like them split and fried like this to caramelize the meat... but I like fried bologna better than plain. lol
I had another mexican chorizo, but forgot to thaw it out. lol

Tacos look great, as expected. Sure everyone enjoyed them... And I noticed you paired them with the world's greatest beer. Well played.

:laugh: Thanks Kevin!! The Shiner went well with em. :-D

Hope the cold front isn't reaching your area!

Awesome looking dish. Since having lived in New Braunfels, Tx (in Comal county) I was expecting breakfast tacos. Boy, what a pleasant surprise to see a wonderful taco and learned about a cooking pan with which I was not familiar.

Out-Standing!

I love having tacos like that with all sorts of different meats and whatnot... almost like discada... never sure just what the next bite will bring.

Keep crushing it, Jeanie!

:jaw:. That is an absolutely incredible cook!! Everything looks perfect and the colors just draw you in. Very nicely done! Oh, when does your restaurant open? I want to be first in line.

:laugh: Thanks Kevin!! The Shiner went well with em. :-D

Hope the cold front isn't reaching your area!

Oh girl, we got about 2" of sleet. Not fun. Still here. Lucky we didn't get much/any of a round 2 last night. Hope y'all are doing well. Nothing like busting ice, right?

It's 7:20 am, I'm halfway through my first cup of Joe, and my tummy is growling for something that would pry kill me even late in the day.
Good.
Ed

Excellent work, fine lady. :thumb:

Your friends must surely consider themselves blessed to be invited to your cooks/parties.

Good friends, good beer, great food. What football game???

Back