THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Westy

is one Smokin' Farker
This thread has a two fold purpose.

1) Did some baby backs on my WSM last weekend that turned out pretty dang good so I thought I would share.

2) The wheels are turning on a new cooker. I currently have a 22.5" WSM, a Vision Classic B kamado, a Vision Cadet kamado, a home build T shaped drum smoker and a few Weber kettles. I have been looking at the Hunsaker drums, the RipTangle Smokers and a couple stick burners (Peoria Cookers which are local to me and of course Shirley Fabrication).

Who has a RipTangle and what have your thoughts been so far? I like the idea of the rectangle shaped cooker, the ability to hang ribs and chicken if I want and the ability to run either full or 1/2 racks depending on what the cook calls for.

IMG_2613 by Matt Westendorf, on Flickr

IMG_2620 by Matt Westendorf, on Flickr

IMG_2633 by Matt Westendorf, on Flickr

Nice bones :thumb: can't help you on the Riptangle, but I believe there are some hybrid grate/hanging rack grates from Hunsaker that might be of interest to you.

Edit....yes they do

https://www.hunsakersmokers.com/collections/accessories-for-hunsaker-smokers/products/hybrid-rack

hybrid7_large.jpg

I have a riptangle and a gateway and imo the gateway is a little easier to maintain, but I've used it alot more than the riptangle. Everything I've cooked on the riptangle has come out amazing and I didn't think you'd be disappointed in buying one.

I have a riptangle and a gateway and imo the gateway is a little easier to maintain, but I've used it alot more than the riptangle. Everything I've cooked on the riptangle has come out amazing and I didn't think you'd be disappointed in buying one.

How do the smoke flavors compare with the two?

Abe43 - I'm interested in Big Andy's question as well - flavor profile-wise is there much difference between your Gateway and the Riptangle?

Back