SoCal Farkers - Charity Cook Saturday December 10

All of you did such a great job, thanks for sharing the great photos!

Sorry we couldn't make it - Kathleen and I have been wrapped up in the care of our elderly friend, but we WERE there with you in spirit!

Such a great job y'all all did yesterday (feel so lucky to have gotten to meet in person so many of these phine pholks.)

Y'all truly embody the Spirit of the Brethren!

Last edited:
I had a great time hanging out with all the Brethren and non-brethren Farkers and helping out. That mobile kitchen was AMAZING. We all wanted to take it home! It was a great cause and I saw many happy smiling faces over the course of the day. Was it the food or was it Santa? I think it was both. It was a busy day and we were all wiped out by the end, but soooo worth it. I hope to be able to do many more of these events with my Brethren friends. Sorry but I didn't get any pics.

The following was posted on Facebook by Peace4Kids this morning

"Thank you SOOOO much The BBQ Brethren Fan Page!! The food was beyond delicious - and y'all - amazing. We appreciate your support and partnership. So many tummies and hearts filled to the brim. ������"

Just imagine how much happier the children would have been if John was willing to share some of his purple cabbage ...

Looks like it was an incredible experience! Wonderful that you all took the time to do this. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I bet it was a real blast (and lots of work) pulling this off.

Thanks to all of you for doing this. Maybe Anne and I can make it if you do it again.

The following was posted on Facebook by Peace4Kids this morning

"Thank you SOOOO much The BBQ Brethren Fan Page!! The food was beyond delicious - and y'all - amazing. We appreciate your support and partnership. So many tummies and hearts filled to the brim. ������"

Just imagine how much happier the children would have been if John was willing to share some of his purple cabbage ...

It turns out that purple cabbage pairs well with Thai chili peppers and asparagus.

I might have to visit my local restaurants to grab their unwanted cabbage!

Great job by some great folks, thanks for your selflessness and charity. Looks like a great crowd who I'm sure greatly appreciated your efforts.

I had a wonderful time! Jennifer still won't get that mobile kitchen for me. I told her she could have all the Gentleman Jack she wanted, but she still said no. Oh well, I will post some pix tomorrow morning. I think I have had about 8 hours sleep this weekend, and I have to get up at 4am.

I had a wonderful time! Jennifer still won't get that mobile kitchen for me. I told her she could have all the Gentleman Jack she wanted, but she still said no. Oh well, I will post some pix tomorrow morning. I think I have had about 8 hours sleep this weekend, and I have to get up at 4am.

I see your mistake there. Give her the Gentleman Jack, THEN ask her about the mobile kitchen!

Pix. Sorry for the lateness.

The outside of the mobile kitchen:

mobile_kitchen.jpg

The inside:

mobile_kitchen8.jpg

GTR and Campdude keeping oven temps on point.

mobile_kitchen5.jpg

Dubbaga breaking down some turkey wings. I think he's done this a few times.

mobile_kitchen3.jpg

The Keri's Hog Apple Beans being assembled (Silverfinger, mikebeme, and Lisa).

mobile_kitchen4.jpg

More shots of team Dubbaga
Vegetarian food being assembled here:

mobile_kitchen6.jpg

mobile_kitchen9.jpg

Funny story: We're trying not to laugh at the thought of BBQ people making vegetarian food, and wondering how much of this stuff is going to get left behind.
The joke was on us when we ran out, and BigMista had to work some magic on bigly can of beans we found on the truck. We did note, however, that vegetarian beans do taste better if you add pieces of fatties and turkey to it. That's still vegetarian, right?

Cole Slaw magic (which is how I got the purple cabbage):

mobile_kitchen10.jpg

America may run on Dunkin Donuts, be we run on fatties:

mobile_kitchen7.jpg

More shots of team Dubbaga
Vegetarian food being assembled here:

mobile_kitchen9.jpg

Funny story: We're trying not to laugh at the thought of BBQ people making vegetarian food, and wondering how much of this stuff is going to get left behind.
The joke was on us when we ran out, and BigMista had to work some magic on bigly can of beans we found on the truck. We did note, however, that vegetarian beans do taste better if you add pieces of fatties and turkey to it. That's still vegetarian, right?

disclaimer.jpg

I had NOTHING to do with the Vegetarian food on Saturday. That photo is a gross misrepresentation of my involvement, and I shall not be held accountable for any distress it might have caused.

John, you will be receiving a cease and desist letter from my attorney's, Seitan, Tofu and Quinoa LLC

Back