So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Just saw this and I am sad to say Goodbye Ron! A gigantic Thank You! You took the time and patience to teach me how to post Pics, which threads to post in, etc. The thought of anyone competiting in a TD in a serious manner, and having to win is beyond childish and borders on lunacy. I consider myself competitive but the TD's are fun for me and have elevated my game. Win our lose it helps me plan my meal schedules and I get a kick out of the peculiar polling results sometimes.

Thank You again Ronnelle

I just saw this as well, very sorry to hear this. Thanks Ron for all you've done, very much appreciated from here. I have very much admired how the mods here keep an eye on things and step in when necessary. It has all appeared to be very fair and even handed as far as I can tell from my short time here.

Thanks again to you Ron, as well as the other mods for the hard work!

KC

Ron, I’m very sorry to see you go. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for the job you do and have done here in the Throwdown forum. Your integrity was always apparent in any of our dealings and I never saw any hint of what you are being accused of.

As a Mod on another forum I know some of the frustrations of serving a community that you love only to be accused of things that you would never dream of doing. We don’t do it for any kudos or thanks but to simply enforce the rules that have been agreed upon, because someone has to do it. Sometimes people should look in the mirror before they accuse others of doing things that aren’t right.

I wanted to wait till this thread died down a bit till I responded fully.

Part of that had to do with getting peeps on board and approved as my new co-mod, which I'm very happy he is now, and part of it had to do with collecting my thoughts in a meaningful manner.

Ron stepped in to help me here when I needed it most, and he showed up like a champ in every possible way.

Not only did we have some great fun together(at least it was good for me - was it good for you as well, Ron? :mrgreen:), as one of the senior moderators of this forum, and also one of the most active ones overall, really took on a big commitment that was already a big chunk more than what he already does on a daily basis.

I learned a lot from Ron, not only how to moderate fairly and cleanly, but also to be a good spirited participant of this sub-forum as well. There's much fun to be had here, and I'd like to thank Ron for his contribution in helping make that happen.

Ron, please continue to post here, as well as contribute your entries.

And if you win more TD's but feel it's a conflict of interest, I'll volunteer and take those steaks off your hands!

:mrgreen:

Ron I am really sorry to hear this I can not imagine someone questioning your integrity Even name calling is totally out of line TDs are competitive and supposed to be phone You and the other Mods do a great job and without you this forum would not exist There should not be any abuse

Sorry to hear this. I really appreciate what you and all the moderators do here to make it a great site. The TDs are just fun, I can't believe people take them that seriously.

Wow, I missed out on some serious biz. Sorry to hear, been down that road before and I respect the descision. I enjoyed reading the banter between friends. Hope it continues in other ways.

Back