So long, and thanks for all the fish!

I don't need to win a throwdown to go buy that steak. Win it great....I get in for the fun. The usual suspect has had me blocked for over 2 years for winning a farking paper certificate. I have now wonder what they would do for a steak. Hey Ron....I'm coming down to chi town just ta meat cha....:thumb:

A short bit of Brethren Throwdown history...the TD's have resulted in several instances where people have opted to either take a break from the TD's, or from the forum in general. There have been instances of pissyness, and I would include myself in that category (the formation of the Zero's Club was the result of that). Come to think of it, I am pretty sure I included Bigabyte, Ronelle and Gore in that pissyness. Why not drag your friend down in to the mud.

I digress...

Actually, the creator of the TD's quit them, and for a while took a break from the Brethren because of a similar process of getting tired of the BS. And we lost a very good member, who was a great photographer, over a misunderstanding over TD's as well. In truth, although they are generally quite fun, they have also resulted in a little frustration and apparently suspicion. It is too bad. Perhaps we should lose the prizes, and just do it for the sake of absolutely no reason at all.

Thank you for your support, guys. I really don't want this to go past this point. I made my decision so that it wouldn't continue to affect the Throwdowns going forward.

I will hold my thoughs because you asked.

I will be in chicago in about 5 weeks and if possible would love to buy you a beverage!

Although I have not entered a TD in a while, it certainly was not because of any mod change. I just got burnt out. I could not ever be a mod here because it's just too damn hard. You work you're ass's off... fo free, just keepin the rules abided. Ron, ya done good, ya done right. You always bring some flavor to the cause, and it pisses me off that you're integrity was ever questioned.

Ron, people with the utmost integrity only seem to have their integrity questioned by those who have none.

Sadly, those people also can't understand that this is meant to be FUN. And when it stops being FUN, you have to stop doing it.

The BBQ Brethen forum is a very nice nest. It's a shame some people can't realise that you shouldn't sh!t in your own nest.

I respect your decision... you've probably put up with more than most would... and OH... one day I'll be out your way too... and we can have a coffee together.

Cheers!

Bill

Ron, I am sorry to hear this. I hope you realize that any chit I ever gave you was all in jest. I hope that my non-serious nature has come across well enough in other areas of the forum that nothing I have done in the TDs has contributed to this decision...

I hope a short break is all you need....you and Moose made a great team, made the TDs fun, and are a big part of the reason I participate regularly.

Moose, you rock too! :thumb:

This really stinks I had no idea that behind the threads PM's were getting so ugly.

I want to make one thing clear. There were NO PMs. It should have been taken private and discussed with the TD Mods and all would have been fine. Instead it was all done in veiled accusations and innuendos in public that I tried to ignore, but they kept escalating and appearing in other areas of the forum.

I'm going to miss your TD entries.
Always enjoyed what you put up.

I've gleaned alot of good info from you, and for that I thank you.

That sucks, Ron. I've met Ron several times, and know him to be a man of upstanding character - simply put, he is a good guy and does a lot for the BBQ community around our area. I'd like to believe that most members here are good folks. It just takes one A-hole to suck the fun out of things for everyone. Along with everyone who already mentioned it, I too appreciate all the work the mods do, especially organizing the throwdowns. It looks like lots of thankless work.

Thanks for everything Ron. It's hard enough as it is without having some question your integrity. Not that I know anything about being a mod, being called names or anything like that! :-D. But thanks! You are as "top notch" as they come and I am proud to call you a Brethren and fellow Mod!
I have a big juicy reach around for you if it will help. Even if it won't help, I still have it there for ya! :becky:
Bob

I've just read this thread and a few posts in the penalty box, where I found this link. I don't know enough about what happened, but what I do know is that I have admired the amount of time and effort Ron puts into this site for some time. I don't know how he does all that he does -- work full-time in something that seems to me important and specialized (I have no idea what it is but I know he's a smart guy), mods in the TD forum, mods other sections and still cooks and enters TD. Ron, I tell you, I don't know how you pack all that into a day. I feel the same way about Moose and Biggie and the other mods. I don't know how you guys do it but I'm glad you do.

This thread has taught me, as an entrenched member, it's my duty to step in and say "knock it off or come back when you're smiling" if I see a similar situation. I appreciate the great job our volunteer mods do, a job I would not be able to do myself but that I enjoy the benefit of.

Thanks Ron for doing what you do. Yes, being a mod is a thankless job as previously mentioned. You're also a target for someone to project whatever anger is bothering them at the moment, and usually that has little or nothing to do with you. You'll never make everyone happy.

I was just getting my feet wet with these TD's, they are a lot of fun. Good camaraderie.
I hope you stick around and keep posting.

Back