So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ron you're a great guy and the best dilly bar disher outter ever!!!!!

I'm so sorry to see what happened and hope you know you'll be missed as a TD Mod

:tea:

Sorry to see this Ronelle, but, you're doing what you need to do, I guess. You are always a gentle, guiding hand to the members here, noob or old....with a crazy-great sence of humor. Don't go.

Man that sucks Ron. Somehow I feel like I contributed to this, my apologies if that's the case. I know I was a real pain in the arse about the deadline thing. Not to mention the maple syrup thingy.

I appreciate what you guys do, I'm sure it's a thankless job. I do hate for you to stop entering TD's though. Hopefully you'll reconsider entering after some time passes.

It's a sad day for the TD's indeed.

Like the song said. The thrill is gone. I've certainly done my share of bitching too though, but I always go with the decisions made by those whose thankless job it is to make them. I guess I'll be staying out of these too until Ron comes back. Gore came back, after all...:becky:

I guess I'll be staying out of these too until Ron comes back.
:shock:

giphy.gif

what? I was going to nominate deguerre for the new co-Mod position to assist Moose

Guerry, Ron's post doesn't say he is quitting TD's altogether, just no longer moderating the TDs and withdrawing current entries that were posted while he was moderating TDs.

that sounds to me like he will be submitting entries just the same as he always (or since I been here) has....

I know what you mean about the thrill is gone, Guer. Felt that in some areas of life some times and the relief getting out was welcome to say the least. It's important for us to recognize our needs and meet them, even if it disappoints another, otherwise the work becomes drudgery and that is exhaustive and depletive.

the carp of disillusionment raises it's head
images

and says Roooonnnn! Candddeee Moounnttaaiinnnn

next TD I win, I am going to call for sushi....this will get Ron back
thumb_600.jpg

Well, this is a damn shame. I've never done a TD, but I love checking them out. It is obvious that Ron is a first class guy with great integrity. The class of the Brethren is what I like most about this site. Thanks to Ron and all the Mods for their hard work - you run a great site that I love visiting.

To the A-hole(s) at the root of this issue - chill the ef out, it's all for fun. Geez.

This is really quite un-fortunate... and i'm sure my name comes to mind in some members heads when thinking about Ron's reasoning.

Ron I have always appreciated your firm and even handed moderation in the throw downs. Children need strong guidance.

BTW, you're still the Pickle Boy, ain't you?

Wow. Just saw this thread. I too am saddened that Ron won't be Modding the TD's. In my short time among the Brethren the TD's have been one of the most fun aspects and best learning threads around. Everytime I've had occasion to communicate with one of the TD Mods, I've always Thanked them for the job they do. Perhaps more of us should do that on a regular basis as the good fun loving TD entering folks far outnumber an A-Hole.

Chris, Moose and Ron L have always done their best to run the TD's in a fair manor. Thanks Guys!

Sad to hear of your decision Ronelle... I always thought you did a bang up job and appreciate all of your thankless hard work. :mrgreen:

Back