THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappity-Crap! I won't be there. Cabo-Wabo has me judging thier grill off in Texas that weekend.

:doh: That sux!!! Fark!

If you get back on Sunday we'll be having the pig roast that day, so if you wanna head over from the airport, do it! Using a rotisserie this year. :whoo: Otherwise, I know Phubar and Padawan would love to meat you, so we'll figure something out. But still....FARK! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Oh yeah - frognot - those rubs are great! Did the Rib Dust on, well, ribs - seems to just enhance the pork and smoke flavor that's already there - very nice stuff and it was a huge hit! Did X-factor on leg quarters - nice sweet/spicy type deal there - excellent!

Crappity-Crap! I won't be there. Cabo-Wabo has me judging thier grill off in Texas that weekend.

Neil, sorry to hear you won't be at the bash. Where will you be in Texas?

Oh yeah - frognot - those rubs are great! Did the Rib Dust on, well, ribs - seems to just enhance the pork and smoke flavor that's already there - very nice stuff and it was a huge hit! Did X-factor on leg quarters - nice sweet/spicy type deal there - excellent!

Glad you liked them Greg. You can't have too many rubs (though my wife might disagree).

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Any updates (besides the fact that Bigmista may not be there)?

I am working on some other treats to bring to the bash. My mad scientist costume just arrived....

Any updates (besides the fact that Bigmista may not be there)?

I am working on some other treats to bring to the bash. My mad scientist costume just arrived....

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :hungry:

I'll comb through the thread and try to get an idea of who all said they'd be coming and post a list.

We're getting to a little just over a month out, so it might be good to start thinking about the vittles. I just got a whole animal rotisserie, so I'd like to throw a lamb on that thing and see how it goes. And, of course, a lemon icebox pie. But I won't be doing that on the rotisserie. :loco:

Working will be interfering with my posting today so I'll get into it this weekend.

Never had BBQ'ed lamb... sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the rotisserie in action. I'm hoping to make it Sat and Sun. I won't need to eat for a week!

I just went through the thread and here's what it seems to be looking like so far.

Phubar
Padawan
Frognot
Evil-g
SirPorkalot
SmokinJohn & wife
campdude
Moose & the Missus
SoCalWjs & wife
Tonybel (2 for deal plus young 'uns)
ssv3
Miike_Twangnzer

maybe

Silverfinger
Big Brother Smoke
Leftwngr
mtbchip
DerHusker

DUBBAGA - dude - y'all coming?

We will have a picture of Bigmista available for viewing. If Mrs. Mista and Mini Mista wanna come on over it'd be great to see 'em!

So far we have 18 saying they'll be coming - I listed the spouses that I know are coming, but everybody feel free to bring whoever they want - we always need eaters at these Bashes! Also 5 maybes and we'd love to see y'all there! Spouses, kids, friends, etc. all welocme.

I get confused with multiple threads for the same event, so I'll just keep this updated on each page of this thread.

Y'all can look through my sig and see what all I have to cook on. We always have a ton of paper plates, napkins, forks, foil pans, etc. so that's covered.

I got the rotisserie shipped last week. I'm gonna put it together this weekend and practice on a turkey & also figure out the best spot to put it in the yard.

I'll be sending out PM's with my address and phone number in the coming days.

Soooo.....what y'all feel like cooking? I'll be doing rotis whole lamb. Seeing as how I've never cooked a whole animal on a rotis - or on anything else for that matter - it'll certainly be good to have other eats around. :shocked:
I figured it'd be a great idea to try something completely new around a bunch of people that can't be fooled. :doh:
For a sweet thing, should I do lemon icebox pie or make some ice cream? :noidea:

Please hit me up with any corrections, additions, etc.

I will bring:
Some wings for smoking
mac and cheese (the original recipe with bacon added).
mac and cheese II (depending on the arrival of hatches and the taste).
BWOR (Bacon wrapped Onion rings - I will prep them onsite)
Marinated tomatoes and onions

I will bring:
Some wings for smoking

And my wife, you're bringing my wife, correct? :wink:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
As of now I'm in. Not sure who will be with me.

Hell yes! :whoo: I'm really glad you're making it! And by all means, if you can bring some eaters along, we'll need a little help hitting the vittles!

I will bring:
Some wings for smoking

Mac n cheese? Oh chit. I might lose my wife too. I think she'd walk right on top of that lamb to get some of that mac n cheese.

Moving Ray into the "will be there" column! :thumb:

Yes

Phubar
Padawan
Frognot
Evil-g
SirPorkalot
SmokinJohn & wife
campdude
Moose & the Missus
SoCalWjs & wife
ssv3
Miike_Twangnzer
Silverfinger

maybe

Big Brother Smoke
Leftwngr
mtbchip
DerHusker

New folks - don't be shy - we'd love to see you. Holla!

Last edited:
@GTR:Add NorthwestBBQ to the "maybe" list.

Killer! Done!

Phubar
Padawan
Frognot
Evil-g
SirPorkalot
SmokinJohn & wife
campdude
Moose & the Missus
SoCalWjs & wife
ssv3
Miike_Twangnzer
Silverfinger

maybe

Big Brother Smoke
Leftwngr
mtbchip
DerHusker
NorthwestBBQ

New folks - don't be shy - we'd love to see you. Holla!

So that's around 19 coming and 5 maybe's.

And DUBBAGA, who's coming, but just hasn't said so yet - right?

Back