THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ace27705

Knows what a fatty is.
I have used the snake method on my own 22.5 Webber kettle and it works perfect.This sunday I am cooking at a kosher bbq comp (which they supply the grills) and they use 18.5 webers. Has anyone tried the snake method on a 18.5 ?? does it work the same ?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The snake will be shorter, so you burn time may b e less, however.

Please explain "snake method". New to me.

The snake or fuse method is a way of getting consistent, low temps:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGRbyg_zeI"]The Snake Method - Charcoal Kettle Tutorial, Low and Slow Technique - YouTube[/ame]

Had recently taught a buddy of mine the method and he used it for the first time on his 18.5 kettle for ribs and got 6 hours of burn with the tail of the snake still left. He built the snake a bit taller on the edge to get a longer burn. Also don't top the snake the whole way around with wood chunks. They make the que bitter at the end. Also I prefer to have the chunks in the snake wall not atop it.

Another method I have used is to ring the whole unit with a deep snake and turn the grate as necessary. You should get the entire cook on a brisket done.

Back