Short Ribs, new coal method!

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
Short ribs were on sale today, I purchased some along with some NY Strip steaks (Which I will cook on Sunday). I was thinking about the short ribs and how I was going to cook them. Recently I have been thinking of a new method on setting up my coal. Normally I do a 2 stage method, But it really kind of crams my cooking space to one corner of the grill. Today I decided to do what I call a Gamma Line (LOL). Unless there is already a name for it (lol). . .

I set up an even straight line down the middle of the Weber. This allowed my heat to be dead center, where the grill is also the widest giving me a bit more cooking area.

It worked well for the short ribs which were in strips of approximately 13-14" long. They were seared very easily and moved off to the side where they stayed warm until the entire batch was done.

I was quite happy with this method, I think that I will use it more often. I also made some Lao sausage that was given to me by a friend of mine. They were accompanied by jalapenos and an IPA that is named after the fog that covers the Bay Area.

Let me know what you all think. Also let me know if someone else has claimed this method of setting up their coals (I am sure that someone has set up coals in a straight line before). . .

- G

Back