Smoking for two

It is entirely possible that she has never experienced properly cooked pork products, which would explain the dislike.

The reason I mention this is because I grew up thinking all food was awful. When I moved out on my own and started tasting stuff that was not cooked by my Mom, I realized that eating food can actually be a wonderful experience. Sorry Mom, but your cooking was the worst!

Stuffed Bell Peppers tossed on the smoker would be another thing to try.

New to smoking. What's a fattie?

Do a search on the bottom of the page on "Cowgirl." Jeanie has done some incredible things with fatties. Well, anything she does is amazing...

I have sort of emulated some of her ideas in regards to fatties. I like to take about 3# ground beef, roll it out to about 3/8" - 1/2" thick, saute up some finely chopped veggies (celery, onions, green peppers & carrots), then mix with some bread crumbs and add in a couple of eggs to keep it bound together. Smear it all over the rolled out ground beef, except for the top 2". Shake on some rub. Roll it all up, letting that top 2 inches seal itself to the ground beef underneath. Cover the top with a lattice work of bacon. Smoke it until done (I usually go to 145 degrees internal, then let it rest)

Check out the last one I did: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197269

FWIW: I Q for one. My wife and son don't eat it.

However, I ALWAYS try to fill the smoker. It's nearly the same amount of work to do one butt as it is to do four, so I try to be as efficient as possible. I freeze what I don't eat or deliver to friends in the neighborhood. Folks enjoy visits from the meat fairy. :mrgreen:

Bruce

Back