Smoking for two

Need pictures ;):becky:

You sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her? Just kidding.

All of the above mentioned things work out great for 2 people. Also, lots of BBQ freezes really well, so if you have to cook "big," just plan to take some leftovers to work for lunch. You will be the envy of your coworkers.

Haha not a new girlfriend, getting married in April.

That's a long way off. You may find she's vegan by then and will insist on converting you -- she's already halfway there. Are you sure that's how you want to spend the rest of your life? :noidea:

Made to order.....

....... Hickory Smoked Personal Turkey Meatloafs.........

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189985

33-3-2014PersonalTurkeyMeatloafs060.jpg

Last edited:
I deal with the same situation weekly man. I LOVE smoked meats, and my wife has never really been that into it.. She loved the Puerco pernil last night, and she will always eat a good chicken. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend a whole spatchcocked chicken.. They last wifey and I at least a couple meals. We are like the story of Jack Sprat, except reversed. She ends up eating both breasts and I eat all the dark meat and crispy skin goodness..

Also, instead of smoking, try grilling too. My wife loves when I grill up shrimp or salmon kebabs. They always have plenty of mushrooms, bell peppers, onion with them etc. so I can trick her into thinking its "healthy". She never sees the amount of garlic butter I baste on during the cook though...

Oh I use my uds to grill also. Steaks, burgers, kabobs, etc. Just new to smoking really. She eats beef and chicken smoked. She did try pork chops the other day and a little pulled pork.

yeah, Mr. Todd & PWHathaway are right...I forgot....girls always like kabobs for some reason....it's a pick & choose & thing I think....

CraigsBDay332012102.jpg
i

Simple meatloaf--it's meatloaf, it's supposed to be simple and I don't measure much, so here is what I did recently

Hamburger - 3lb log
Jimmy Dean sausage log the regular kind or Italian, up to you
Seasoning salt - I like Johnny's, but regular salt will work too- shake quite a bit on I used roughly 3 tbsp.
Pepper- I used about 2 tbsp.
Garlic powder- about 1 - 2 tbsp.
2 eggs
about a dozen shakes of Worcestershire
1 fine diced onion
1/2 cup or so jalapeno rings diced

Mix it all up and smoke between 250-300 depending on how much time you got to a final temp of 165*. I form mine into a loaf by hand on a piece of aluminum foil and use the foil to lift it onto the grates. Once on the smoker I poke a bunch of holes around the meatloaf to allow the grease to drain. Once done let it rest for about 15-30 min slice and enjoy.

Since I've been doing meatloaf on the smoker I can't bring myself to bake one in the oven anymore. This site has ruined my oven, I think it is pretty much only used to reheat food anymore.

So the meatloaf is just that, meatloaf. I can handle that. I've used my uds to make a pizza before. Worked out just fine. Over cooked it a little but that was my fault.

I smoke/grill for two all the time. Chuck roasts, steaks, small 3lb boneless butts, ribs, and boneless skinless chicken thighs are what I cook most. My GF doesn't mind bones in her mouth though. :icon_blush:

Think out of the box. The last chuck I did, I made like a pot roast with vegetables and my GF loved it. She also raved about the stuffed smoked cabbage I made as a side.

I've been dying to try a smoked meatloaf and a roasted spatchcock chicken. I hope to tackle one of them this weekend.

The bone in any meat adds flavor. You can cook on the bone, then cut the meat off to eat. She must be young and grew up on McDonalds burgers, chicken nuggets, McRibs etc. This seems to be a new trend lately.

Smoke 1/3 pound burger patties at 200-225 until internal 145 and then sear until done. Melt a slice on cheddar on top.

@PWHathaway:
Fatties; bulk breakfast sausages (e.g., Jimmy Dean, Bob Evans). Dust with favorite rub and smoke. Or, stuff with your favorite mix...sautéed onions and peppers, cheese, cooked bacon, whatever. Can also wrap in bacon, then dust in rub and smoke.

Meatloaf: YUM! Whatever recipe you like will work, just cook it in the smoker.

Baked beans: search Wampus peach bourbon beans (basically Bush's baked beans, cooked fattie crumbled into beans, peach pie filling, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, some sort of heat like sriracha or cayenne or whatever, just smoked for an hour or two. AWESOME (yes, I said awesome)! Or, Karies Hog Apple baked beans.

Mac n cheese: basic recipe for Mac n cheese, just cooked in the smoker. Variant; add some veggies to the basic recipe, like chopped peppers, onions, carrots.

MOINKs: meatballs (moo) + bacon (oink) = MOINKS (please note capitalization for official recognition). Wrap pre made meatballs with bacon, dust with rub, then smoke. Make a lot. :grin:

Bruce

Back