Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' on the Water, Liberty, IN - April 30 & May 1, 2011

Haven't seen Dive in forever. May have to pull a cork friday evening before prayers. Tom from Full Metal is always up for a bourbon, before he gets his "game Face" on.

Lol... Before and after the comp.

FMB will be there with whole crew for this event and with the new RV.

As for stories, I don't kiss and tell unless there's money or bourbon involved. ;-)

Looking forward to kicking off the season and seeing everyone.

Lol... Before and after the comp.

FMB will be there with whole crew for this event and with the new RV.

As for stories, I don't kiss and tell unless there's money or bourbon involved. ;-)

Looking forward to kicking off the season and seeing everyone.

HAND CHECK! :peace:

I look forward to seeing you all there, Tom!
I really hope the Thunderstorms hold off until after we get our trophies...

Last year...I had to run over 125 feet of extension cord to a setup that had a lot of cords. When all of the people left for the night I drove over to the pavillion and set up over there where I could have my own power. I was cooking on pellet smokers and couldn't risk it.

The worst part was the rain, wind, thunder & lightning...it was absolutely insane!!! I wanted to get back, but am planning on doing Delaware and have one more kid this year than I did last year.

Wife will provide rain, wind, thunder & lightning if I even ask to go to this one!

I got there Friday night last year and after seeing my spot I asked to move and was told to "take my pick". Well I did and ended up having at least an 80 X 40 spot by myself between the two barns. In rained and thunder stormed all night but the ground their stayed firm.

So my advice is to get their EARLY and like previously said bring lots of cords.

I got there Friday night last year and after seeing my spot I asked to move and was told to "take my pick". Well I did and ended up having at least an 80 X 40 spot by myself between the two barns. In rained and thunder stormed all night but the ground their stayed firm.

So my advice is to get their EARLY and like previously said bring lots of cords.

Hey Rich! That move probably saved you during the storms since where we setup wasn't as exposed. I got there friday as well and grabbed the spot up against the north side of the old red barn. That barn turned out to be a great wind break and probably saved our pop-ups from taking a trip to OZ! Recommended spot that stayed dry and wasn't to far from water and electric.

I see your not making the trip south. We aren't able to do Liberty this year - daughters first communion - but Marc and I will be cooking BBQ for 50 Sunday.

And good luck to all the Brethren competing in Liberty this weekend! Velvet Smoke will be cheering you on from Cincinnati!

FYI - The weather is looking good for this weekend and looks to start drying out Friday & Saturday - chance of rain on Sunday but nothing like last year. Also, Brookville Lake is over 11 feet above summer pool and rising an inch an hour which means flooding. With the flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi the Corp does not plan to release water any time soon. That said the comp area is protected by a levee but I am guessing it is below the current lake level so not sure what happens to rainwater that collects in that basin when the lake is up. In any event it is going to be soggy so plan accordingly and perhaps check with Carl to see what the conditions are. Hope this info is helpful!

And good luck to all the Brethren competing in Liberty this weekend! Velvet Smoke will be cheering you on from Cincinnati!

FYI - The weather is looking good for this weekend and looks to start drying out Friday & Saturday - chance of rain on Sunday but nothing like last year. Also, Brookville Lake is over 11 feet above summer pool and rising an inch an hour which means flooding. With the flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi the Corp does not plan to release water any time soon. That said the comp area is protected by a levee but I am guessing it is below the current lake level so not sure what happens to rainwater that collects in that basin when the lake is up. In any event it is going to be soggy so plan accordingly and perhaps check with Carl to see what the conditions are. Hope this info is helpful!

Thanks Smokesman, Our first trip there, sounds to be interesting, i haven't had any issues before, i hope all works out.

Thanks Smokesman, Our first trip there, sounds to be interesting, i haven't had any issues before, i hope all works out.

Ill second that thanks...

Its our first trip down there too, but we're bringing the 5th wheel and the Lang so rain wont bug us too much. Of course if we're under water... Guess thats why they put ladders on RVs. :)

Hey y'all.....

Thinking about coming out to the comp to hang out and meet some of the Brethren. BUT....won't be able to get there until like 10 on Friday night. (baseball and a soccer game to go to). I could get up on Saturday and head out, but I know how crazy the morning gets before turn in. Don't want to bother you guys while you're hard at work. I know that Friday's usually the "hangout time", but some folks head to bed earlier than others.

What time's turn in start? Bed time early for most of you? Don't want to burn the gas for 2 hours each way and not be able to see folks.

No biggie...just askin. Sounds like a lot of Brethren will be there.

Hey Wampus, this is a Sat/Sun contest, so Saturday would be the best day for visiting! Look me up...

:doh:

Didn't make that connection.
PERFECT!!! Our last soccer game on Saturday is at noon, so I'll be able to be out there around 3 or so! Sweet!

Looking forward to it. I'll bring the tent in case it gets late or I end up "sipping" too much:heh:. Hope I can grab some real estate if needed (around 4'x7')?

:doh:

Didn't make that connection.
PERFECT!!! Our last soccer game on Saturday is at noon, so I'll be able to be out there around 3 or so! Sweet!

Looking forward to it. I'll bring the tent in case it gets late or I end up "sipping" too much:heh:. Hope I can grab some real estate if needed (around 4'x7')?
You know that we'll be up. Stop on by!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back