Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' on the Water, Liberty, IN - April 30 & May 1, 2011

the website says cooks meeting at 6:00 pm. the following are the teams listed on website.
1,Able Acres
2.Ain't Just Qen Around
3.Berkee Rae's BBQ
4.Bluechip BBQ
5.Bobby G's
6.Bonehead BBQ
7.Bourbon Barrel BBQ
8.Bronze Star BBQ -
9.Buttrubbers BBQ
10.Continental Barbecue Co.
11.Don's Slow Smoked Pit Bar-B-Q
12.Double B's Bar-B-Q -
13.Eat Mor Butt BBQ
14.Fall City Smokers -
15.Fowl Butt BBQ Competition Team -
16.Full Metal BBQ –
17.Hickory Flats BBQ -
18.Hogaholics BBQ -
19.Hoosier Crawdaddy -
20.Hoosier Que Daddy -
21.Lousy BBQ -
22.Pirates of the Grill -
23.Plump Rump BBQ -
24.Pork Brothers BBQ -
25.Porky's House of BBQ -
26.Roadmaster BBQ -
27.Shigs in Pit -
28.Smoke Break BBQ -
29.Smoke Shack -
30.Steel Smokin' BBQ
31.Stockcar BBQ -
32.Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts BBQ -
33.Weiskracks BBQ -
34.Winks BBQ -
35.Yellow River BBQ -

Thanks BLUECHIP. Looks like a good crew of teams. We will have to meet up sat morning.

Divemaster and Roadmaster at the same comp!, Tom from Full Metal Jacket best come back with some good stories!!

Scott

Haven't seen Dive in forever. May have to pull a cork friday evening before prayers. Tom from Full Metal is always up for a bourbon, before he gets his "game Face" on.

I volunteered to cook for Pros vs Joes, but im not sure the way I have been cooking the last 2 comps i think i fall into the Joe catagory lol...

Less than a week to go. Can't wait, we got liberty and then next week we go to Louisville. Our first comp this year, I thought it would never get here.

Liberty has had a BUNCH of rain in the last few days & rain almost everyday this next week. I'm not taking my (new to me) rv down there & burrying it. If I can't line up a small Honda generater to run the roto Fowl Butt won't be there at all. No upgrades have been made to the electric service there. Still got bad vibes runnin thru my brain from last year.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

We are planning on getting to Richmond late Friday night (I have to work Friday) and the get over to the site early Saturday.

BTW, what's with the delay in the meat inspection (starting at noon)? I just figure that since we all need to be on site by 9:00 that they would start it earlier.

As for the rain, I wish I had the new truck since the 4x4 is out on the old one. I'll bring the tow chains.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Looks like there are a couple of us doing this comp and Evergreen Park.

This could be a good time for us to practice some more!

i'lll have to swing by and say hello Divemaster. I'm also slated to judge the EP event.

i'lll have to swing by and say hello Divemaster. I'm also slated to judge the EP event.

Do that! That way I can show you what my enties look like and give you a check. Just kidding, but do stop by so we can meet face to face!

Does any body know of the power issues they had last year??? Bourbon I have no idea on the roads, if I hear something I will let you know.

last year they had 3-4 power trees that everyone ran to, some were 5 ft away some were quite a ways away. Same with water, once everyone got hooked up it was a trickle...

Got me a little Honda lined up to run the roto.:thumb: Gettin rid of the bad vibes n gonna make the best of it. Just gotta talk Lulu to come down on Sunday morn n be my taste tester. I never do worth a sh!t when she aint there!! Plus She can do my boxes......sssshhhh I aint askin her till she gets there.:cool:

Power & Rain Last Year

Last year...I had to run over 125 feet of extension cord to a setup that had a lot of cords. When all of the people left for the night I drove over to the pavillion and set up over there where I could have my own power. I was cooking on pellet smokers and couldn't risk it.

The worst part was the rain, wind, thunder & lightning...it was absolutely insane!!! I wanted to get back, but am planning on doing Delaware and have one more kid this year than I did last year.

Wife will provide rain, wind, thunder & lightning if I even ask to go to this one!

Back