Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin Flamingo Jacksonville Fl

thunderalley3

Full Fledged Farker
2 weeks out!! This will be our 3rd year competing at this contest. It is a favorite for us, and we only do a handful of comps a year but always put this one on our schedule. Due to health reasons (7 months in a cast in the past 16 months) we have not been active competing and this will be our first contest in 11 months so wish us well!!
Stop by and say HELLO, our team name is Tattoo Q'

I'm gonna miss it this year...decided to do the triple KCBS in Cumming instead. I'm sure I'll regret it. Smokin' Flamingo is a great contest at a great location.

I'm in. This will be my first FBA event, and only my second sanctioned event as a professional. Looking forward to it!

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Chad,
It was great meeting you there last year and was looking forward to seeing you this year.
All my best at the triple!!
Lewis

• Thanks
Chad,
It was great meeting you there last year and was looking forward to seeing you this year.
All my best at the triple!!
Lewis

Good to meet you too! I’m a glutton for punishment I guess and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try out the triple. We’ve been wanting to do a double for a while so this will take care of that urge for some time. Hopefully we’ll be back in Jacksonville next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read the team list for this event and I must say David does a great job organizing and drawing in teams. 58 teams, over 2/3 are the same as last year. He has some new heavy hitters on the list this year, I am really looking forward to getting a cook in for the first time this since January.

Best of luck to everyone, I hope to see everyone and if anyone needs anything and I have it, consider it yours!!

And I'm really concerned my first professional FBA event will have those heavy hitters!

Ah well, I'm going to try and have fun along with the stress!

I just signed up for the SCA steak and chicken wings event too. I am a glutton for punishment.

Thanks Thunderalley3 and cpw for your words of wisdom leading up to the contest. You guys just reinforce what a great group of folks competition BBQ comprises.

• Thanks
Back