Smokey Chile Lime boneless skinless chicken thighs

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Decided to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs for the first time ever tonight. It seemed like the perfect occasion to try out the Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime seasoning I bought recently. I did most of the thighs just grilled flat, but a few I wrapped around a hunk of colby jack cheese, seasoned, wrapped in bacon, then seasoned again. Both turned out really well, they'll definitely be a regular in the rotation from now on. Even the wife commented on how good they were, which is rare (I just take that to mean the food is always good and it doesn't need to be said :blah:). I really like this rub, it has a lot going on and the flavors really compliment each other...a little salt, then you get a hint of sweet, then some smokey heat from the peppers. It'll be a regular in the rotation as well.

Attachments

• chx1.jpg
    chx1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 138
  • chx2.jpg
    chx2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 137
  • chx3.jpg
    chx3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 137
  • chx4.jpg
    chx4.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 136
  • chx5.jpg
    chx5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 138
  • chx.jpg
    chx.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 138
  • chx7.jpg
    chx7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 137
  • chx8.jpg
    chx8.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 138
  • chx9.jpg
    chx9.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 140
  • chx10.jpg
    chx10.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 138
  • chx11.jpg
    chx11.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 136
  • chx13.jpg
    chx13.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
  • chx14.jpg
    chx14.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Great looking cook, big fan of the Smokey Chili Lime Rub, like the idea of rapping the chicken around cheese with the bacon, going to give that a go.

I'm stealin' all that! :twisted: Except for the zucchini - I already do that and love it. Been sweating 'em with Naturiffic garlicky lemon before grilling. I agree that's a great way to cook 'em.

Great plate! :clap2:

I hate grilling boneless skinless breasts, and that caused me to avoid grilling boneless skinless thighs for way too long. They come out great, and the chili lime spice sounds like a great match. Heck, you entire plate looks fantastic.

Back