THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Gillatt

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Woodstock, ON. Moved here from UK in 2001
Hi All,
I just smoked 4 racks of side ribs on my Masterbuilt gasser. I know a lot of you on here have some fantastic smokers - I look forward to reading about all the great equipment that so many of you have, but mine is a cheapo 'Masterbuilt'. Here in Ontario we don't really have the same choices for equipment or deals on meat the same as in the USA.
So when I saw the side ribs I thought I would try them. I have smoked mainly back ribs, chicken, salmon, trout, sausages etc.
I used apple wood chunks, smoked them for 2 hours, spritzed them with apple juice and cooked for another hour. Brought them off, foiled them with apple juice in the foil packet, brushed them with butter and put them back for another 45 minutes. They are fantastic, really tender but not quite 'fall of the bone' tender.
Just thought I would share with you my first try at side ribs.

Ron in Ontario, Canada

They sound fantastic! I like ribs that have a little bite to them too...not fall off the bone. Great job!

Hey Ron, welcome aboard, you can never go wrong cooking ribs! Not all of us have big fancy smokers - I do most everything on a Weber kettle with various setups. It don't matter what you drive, just as long as you take the trip. :cool:

Cook lots of stuff & share it with us, we like pix.

Nice Ron! I've cooked on some ghetto rigs and turned out some good cue (found a busted chargriller charcoal cooker in our alley. Cleaned it and cooked on it!) You own that gasser of yours!!

Sounds like a great success. Does not matter what you cook, only the results matter. Looking forward for some more of your cooks.

Back