Smoked Pistachios

Love the staah-sher nuts. Never tried smoking them, have always just smoked almonds. May have to give it a go.

And save the shells. They make an awesome smoke with cheese etc...

I never tried burning nut shells, but i have tried burning corn cobs. I found them a bit too strong for my palate. But i find mesquite too strong as well so there's that.

this sounds good but think I would use shelled nuts. Thanks

I am guessing you suck on the shell before cracking it open to get the nut!

I never tried burning nut shells, but i have tried burning corn cobs. I found them a bit too strong for my palate. But i find mesquite too strong as well so there's that.

I burned peanut shells once... Once!
Big mistake. Nothing but thick, acrid smoke.
Could not get them to flame up at all.

Did this several years back and people loved them. Recipe I found back then used liquid from pickled jalapenos and green tabasco to give it a mild spice.

Pistashio shells make a terrific smoke flavor. Just pop them in a smoker box on the grate over direct heat of lump charcoal, generally in a Kettle.

Only problem is then you will be buying and eating a lot of pistachio nuts. :heh:

Back