Smoked Duck

Fantastic, Jeanie!

I've got to do this soon. I wanted to do it the last time you posted duck gumbo, but I didn't.
Thanks for the nudge.

Looks scrumptious Jeannie. :thumb::thumb: Did you fry the skins in oil or just the drippings?

Thank you Neil! I used oil in the skillet, fried the skin til crisp. They really pop and splatter while frying, I use the screen guard. Fried chicken skin is mighty fine too. :)

I bow before thee Your Highness!

Amazing!

Sako, you're sweet and so kind! :hug: Thank you Neighbor! :mrgreen:

Wizard, thank so much!! :thumb:

looks delicious as usual, did your parents cook like you?

My mom and dad taught me how to cook. I don't hold a candle to them. Thanks Titch! :-D

Thanks Mike! I love duck fat. lol I'm sure it's not healthy but it's SO tasty. Thank you! :becky:

Phu, Thanks!! :cool::hug:

Thank you Matt! :thumb:

Blu, I had the last bowl for breakfast this morning. :) Thanks Friend!

Thanks Marty! :-D

:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

It looks and sounds soooo Good. Nothing wasted and I bet the D-Crack is awesome.

Thank you SD! I had a bit of the stock left over, not sure what I'll use it in. The skin is so tasty. I'm sure any fried skin has got to be good. lol Thanks again!

Looks awesome. Never smoked duck but, have smoked goose, for goose jerky.

Sweet Oak, I bet that goose jerky was outstanding!! Thanks! :thumb:

That is an amazing post!!!! 5 stars!

Very kind of you!! Thanks Friend! :grin:

Looks delicious Jeanie!
I made some with chicken two weeks ago, I would love to try this with duck.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Sam, I bet that chicken gumbo was out of this world good! Thank you!! :hug::grin:

Amazing :eusa_clap:clap2:

Thanks Adams! :thumb:

We have a restaurant here in town that cooks their french fries in duck fat! They are to die for.

But...

they don't hold a farking candle to this epicness!!!:hail:

I bet those fries are mighty fine!! Next time I'll save some of the fat and try it. Thanks Pat! :thumb:

I can only imagine how good that tastes :hungry:

Thanks so much Kevin! :grin:

We have ducks and geese come up from the lake shore and I swear one of these days I'm gonna make a boy scout box trap and then I'll try this gumbo.
Ed
Great idea Ed! Keep me posted if you catch one! Thanks :becky:

Looks great! Love me some gumbo. I always do mine with chicken and andouille . I'll have to give the duck a whirl!

I love chicken and andouille gumbo too!! Great stuff. Thanks CakeM1x! :thumb:

Thank you SmokerKing! :grin:

Great job! I love duck and that looks outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Joe! Maybe I'll try fried frog legs in it next time. :becky:

Fantastic, Jeanie!

I've got to do this soon. I wanted to do it the last time you posted duck gumbo, but I didn't.
Thanks for the nudge.

Thanks Gary, Hope you have great luck with it! :thumb:

That looks fantastic Jeanie!

Thanks so much Norm! :hug:

Thanks JermoQ! :becky:

That looks fabulous! What kind of duck and what do you consider "done" as in "into the drum til done"?

Thank you Sweet Daddy D! It was a domestic Pekin duck. Not one of mine though. I keep an eye on the juices. When they almost run clear, I remove the duck from the heat and let it rest.

Thanks again for the kind comments everbody!

Cowgirl
Lord have mercy you have done it again. Simply spectacular from take off to touchdown sister. Awesome job:thumb:

Cowgirl
Lord have mercy you have done it again. Simply spectacular from take off to touchdown sister. Awesome job:thumb:

Thanks for going the extra mile posting pics of each step of the journey. Looks fantastic! another ambition for my BBQ bucket list... Bill

Cowgirl
Thanks Friend! :hug::becky:

Thanks for going the extra mile posting pics of each step of the journey. Looks fantastic! another ambition for my BBQ bucket list... Bill
Thank you Bill! I have a bad habit of posting too many pics. I take them for my blog and need to figure out a cut off point. Thank you for the kind comment! :grin:

Looks absolutely delicious.. Now I'm craving some Duck...

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks so much Rich! :grin:

Back