Smoked Almonds

We got volunteered to bring the relish tray for the turkey day feed this year, and since I have to have some smoked component in just about every meal nowadays, I decided to make these and throw them on the side.

Got up this morning and threw them in the smoker while we were getting the rest of the stuff together. Threw in some extra soy since I didn't have any Dale's, then I pitched in a couple of sprinkles of Tony C's for good measure.

They were the absolute belle of the ball. A lady even came up and asked if I'd make her a batch if she went to Sam's and got me a giant bag.

Thanks for sharing a great recipe! :clap2:

How would they go with some Habanero Death Dust...

Some seriously hot nuts then, me thinks!:icon_blush:

Neil's nuts are the best nuts I've ever had in my mouth! :shock:

:becky:

I was waiting for that :tsk:

by the way, Neil...around what temp are you cooking those? I usually do my almonds around 240-250 or so, and they seem to be done more in the 1 hour range.

I was waiting for that :tsk:

by the way, Neil...around what temp are you cooking those? I usually do my almonds around 240-250 or so, and they seem to be done more in the 1 hour range.

Not sure if Neil's watching since I bumped this old thread.

That's about what temp I do em at.
I usually stir about every half hour and it takes about 3 stirs, so close.
I think I've done them at about 225 in previous years. Think I'll bump em up to 260-270 this time.

The secret is when they dry out and get that nice crunch.

Not sure if Neil's watching since I bumped this old thread.

That's about what temp I do em at.
I usually stir about every half hour and it takes about 3 stirs, so close.
I think I've done them at about 225 in previous years. Think I'll bump em up to 260-270 this time.

The secret is when they dry out and get that nice crunch.

ha...didn't even notice this was a necro-thread. I glanced at the original post, saw the 2 and the 4 in the year, and assumed :oops:

Thanks for the bump. I just happen to have some raw almonds, may have to make another batch.

I love putting Neil's nuts in my mouth. :p

That reads as an excellent recipe. I just might do this when I get to smoking my cheese soon. :-D

Must be psychic energy on this site because I just did a pound of almonds a few days ago and this is the first time I've seen this post. BTW the almonds are all gone. Gonna do again very soon.

Back