THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
Pork Schnitzel that is.

Important to clarify, because Schnitzel means different things in different parts of the world.

In NC where I was raised, Pork Tenderloin gets this same treatment and is inserted between a freshly made biscuit for a "Tenderloin biscuit". When we use chicken and cover it in mile gravy we call it Chicken-Fried steak (or country fried steak if using cubed steak).

The original Wiener Schnitzel (Austria) uses veal and I hear that in Australia chicken is popular,

In this country, schnitzel is typically pork loin/chops.

On with the Schnitzel!

I used a combination of Flour (GF) and Corn meal (2 cups flour to 1 cup corn meal), to that I added 1 Tablespoon of Garlicky Lemon Gourmet Cooking salt and mixed it all well.

I used thin cut boneless pork chops (loin) and pounded them out. Once I had them pounded out I dipped them in a egg/milk mixture and dredged them through the flour, then I dipped and dredged them again. Now they are ready to head to the grill.

On my Weber Performer, I have the Weber Gourmet BBQ System which are a variety of grate inserts that fit in the center of the main grill grate. One of the inserts is a griddle, it is the griddle that I will use to quick fry the Schnitzel so it sets the breading.

Just a couple of minutes per side and they go onto the outside of the grate to get some smoke flavor and finish cooking.

Once they were done (doesn't take long, as the meat is really thin at this point), I took them off and hit them with the juice of one lemon.

I served it with Sesame Almond Green Beans & Parmesan Garlic Risotto.

Plate2.jpg

Beautiful schnitzel! Works for chicken... why not pork!?

I could seriously go for that with mushrooms and a cream sauce (always been a huge fan of Jaegerschnitzel)!

Sides look great, too.

Wow oh Wow oh Wow that looks good! Thanks for posting. This reminds me of one of my favorite sandwiches growing up from a place called Penguin Point... I always ordered it with lettuce and mayo. I gotta make one soon after seeing your masterpiece! Oh their french fries :hungry:

Now I'm jonesin for it and my wife has never experienced it. I guess I know what I am cooking soon:)

Wow oh Wow oh Wow that looks good! Thanks for posting. This reminds me of one of my favorite sandwiches growing up from a place called Penguin Point... I always ordered it with lettuce and mayo. I gotta make one soon after seeing your masterpiece! Oh their french fries :hungry:

Now I what one of those sandwiches!

Back