THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As stated by a few others, I have had pretty good luck with them for eating, but the consistency of the slabs from pack to pack isn't great, and the taste is a bit... turned down, for lack of a better term.

Backyard dinner for a decent price? Absolutely. Comp? Nope.

Just got a 180 ribs on Saturday with these.....

As stated by a few others, I have had pretty good luck with them for eating, but the consistency of the slabs from pack to pack isn't great, and the taste is a bit... turned down, for lack of a better term.

Backyard dinner for a decent price? Absolutely. Comp? Nope.
yet almost every weekend someone pulls a 180 in ribs with them but they are still not comp quality ribs......

Are you guys adjusting the cook times with the ET's? I bought a rack today (4.5lbs) and cooked them at 250 4 hours, wrapped for an hour, then opened foil and sauced for about 20 minutes. Same temp and times I have used for awhile now, and they were way over done. I went to take a bite and literally every piece of meat fell off the bone. Only other possible explanation is that I did split the rack in half to try 2 different rubs and sauces.

Are you guys adjusting the cook times with the ET's? I bought a rack today (4.5lbs) and cooked them at 250 4 hours, wrapped for an hour, then opened foil and sauced for about 20 minutes. Same temp and times I have used for awhile now, and they were way over done. I went to take a bite and literally every piece of meat fell off the bone. Only other possible explanation is that I did split the rack in half to try 2 different rubs and sauces.

Yep!!!, you do have to be a cook and not just a BBQ class student.:twitch:

i hear Smithfield has something big in the works

Primes have become paper thin and scarce here. Full spares are 4.1-4.5lbs loaded with shiners, stl cuts weighing 2.7 average.

Maybe they will ignore the bacon market and give us a line with consistently thick trim.

Yep!!!, you do have to be a cook and not just a BBQ class student.:twitch:
Nailed it. Doesn't matter if they are smithfield ET or something else, you need to be able to cook it. Everything cooks different. I don't necessarily adjust my cook to these ribs, I adjust every rib cook regardless and wrap when it's time and pull them when they are done. Lately I've been pulling mine a bit earlier than I should

ok after cooking these for a couple months, i have recently ran into an issue with these ribs and wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this problem. I love these ribs and have had good success with them but the last couple of times i purchased them, i bought 4 racks and 2 of them were basically un useable. 2 of the 4 i bought a month ago only had 6-7 bones in them, total. Im not talking useable bones I'm talking total bones in the slab. This happened for the first time about a month ago and i kinda wrote it off as a fluke. Well this weekend i bought 4 more racks and the same thing. 1 rack had 6 bones and the other had 5 bones. The rest of the rack is just unusable meat. Not sure what is causing this as i bought them from 2 different Walmarts. Anyone else have this issue?

ok after cooking these for a couple months, i have recently ran into an issue with these ribs and wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this problem. I love these ribs and have had good success with them but the last couple of times i purchased them, i bought 4 racks and 2 of them were basically un useable. 2 of the 4 i bought a month ago only had 6-7 bones in them, total. Im not talking useable bones I'm talking total bones in the slab. This happened for the first time about a month ago and i kinda wrote it off as a fluke. Well this weekend i bought 4 more racks and the same thing. 1 rack had 6 bones and the other had 5 bones. The rest of the rack is just unusable meat. Not sure what is causing this as i bought them from 2 different Walmarts. Anyone else have this issue?

I have seen that but found its easy to check when you are buying the ribs. I have to go through several packs to find ones I want to use but to me that's part of the buying process.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
Back