THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I have been gifted a grass fed sirloin tip roast. I used the search function and it sounds like a lot of people make roast beef sandwiches with it.

My question is what else would this be good for? If you smoke to 200+ degrees will it pull or will it be leather? Could it work for pepper stout beef?

Thanks,

Matt
7a452f83efc6a5eed4df2e3fb4384265.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

it's very lean, so I would prefer it cooked medium rare

I suppose you could braise it, but I think it would be best served mid-rare

I wouldn't go pepper stout with sirloin. That's reserved for cuts with a lot of connective tissue like chuck roasts, short rib, and brisket. Like others have already mentioned, bring it to rare, or the low end of medium rare and slice thin. You can make a pepper stout au jus separately and dip the thin slices in before serving. That would be my suggestion.

Sirloin roast makes great sandwiches I have smoked at 225-230 till 135* and sliced it thin the next day Sooooo good Used McCormick's Steak Rub on it

Back