Single rib fail

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Seeing posts of single rib cooks and having a rack of St. Louis ribs, go for it!!!

Easy enough, just cut it into singles,

Toss in Potatoe starch, spray with butter spray and coat with award winning HART BURN Competition rub.

On to the performer with a few hunks of apple.

Some dry, some wet, twice baked tater.... Too tough, maybe coals giving up the ghost. Don't think I'll do it again as I know how to cook a rack of St. Louies!

Ed

How long and hot did ya go?
I’m definitely trying again.
I’ve heard it works better on back ribs over spares.

How long and hot did ya go?
I’m definitely trying again.
I’ve heard it works better on back ribs over spares.

Just a full load of the weber char basket, didn't check hotness, 1 1/2 hrs. temped at high 180's.
Ed

In retrospect, I beleive that at the point I pulled them I should have wrapped them in foil (boat?) and gave them another 1/2 hour. Not saying I never will repeat, (never like loosing) but it will be a fer piece down the road!

Last edited:
Thank you.
You may have just kept me from wasting a rack of ribs.

I had a two pack of spares in the cart yesterday at Sam's, but put them due to fear of the failure. Even entertained the idea of a KFC chicken type rib fry on one rack.

Read a long thread last night on KFC on one of the FB Weber groups. A lot of swear by that method, but my results have been much less than stellar. I need to get back on that horse and try it again, but I'm somewhat reluctant to repeat my mistakes.

Place in instant pot for 8-10 minutes, rapid release.
Back to coals

Back