THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
... I decided to make my own (sorta). This is a work in progress. The basic table is complete, but I still need to rig it out. I want to add a seasoning shelf, lights, utensil hooks, and maybe a paper towel holder.

Let me know what you think:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That is a very nice addition. Great execution.

Gotta ask, where did you get the hinges for the fold down table extension? I like those a lot and can imagine several uses for those.

Looks great, has a very clean look to it. Now you may want to add a place to mount a large umbrella, because you know you will want to be cooking on that in the rain, and snow.
Dave

That is a very nice addition. Great execution.

Gotta ask, where did you get the hinges for the fold down table extension? I like those a lot and can imagine several uses for those.

Thanks. I actually salvaged the flip-up hinges from a table one of my neighbors had on the curb on trash day. I kinda designed the rest of the table around it. I spent a lot of time trying to design a table with a hole for the pit, but the 26.75" requires a HUGE table to sit in. Then I got the idea of making a side table that was cutout so it could sit right next to the pit. I am happy with it thus far.

I am thinking about adding rails underneath the table to hold 1/2 sheet pans. Then I could use them to transport meat trays, tools, sauce bowls etc. I need to measure and see it that will work.

As for gas assist - You guys got me using the little paraffin cubes. They work as good as anything I have found.

Nice work, but forget the bottle opener, just add a mini-kegerator for a pony keg underneath:twitch:. Well, I guess that might not fit, sounds like you have some great ideas though, looks terrific so far, nice craftsmenship, look forward to seeing the finished product.

KC

Back