Should we be concerned about our meat purchases???

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
I came across this article today. I had stopped buying Starkist Tuna a while back, but now all of this with poor processing conditions and failure to produce inspection/sanitation records.

http://hotspringsdaily.com/2015/09/be-very-careful-at-the-supermarket/

"Recently a Food inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would “never” eat any of it. They raise it, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends with Imported food we eat."

Personally i have been buying better the last few years with a butcher and fish monger available.

USA cattle sheep swine, gulf seafood,Atlantic oysters. Nathan's and Hebrew dogs and SPAM. A great time for SPAM haters to look at it. Only 7 ingredients. I love Oysters, but stick with fried. Well done.

Eat well, exercise- die anyway.

Sucks

It is a legit concern. That is why you should vet your food sources. There have been some farm market vendors busted for using raw human sewage for fertilizer on greens.... got a bunch of people sick. As far as proteins.... buy local, but buy American at least.

"The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here."

I would need some info to fully believe this. If this was a Wall Street Journal or some other top newspaper, fine, but I don't know what the "Hot Springs Daily" is.

Other than that, I agree, we should know where our food comes from and buy quality, not quantity.

The interwebz is a two edged sword.

Take what you want from it and press on.

Or just live in abject fear from everything you read or watch.............:roll:

It's good to be aware of hazards that are easily avoidable, even if others don't consider them hazards.

Ever see the film Food Inc.?

It will change the way you look at food...

Ya but it had a happy ending when at the end the Antarean ship comes down to pick up all the old folks who wanted to go with the aliens and Steve Guttenberg ways goodbye. :clap2:

As was said a few posts ago, I'm on the fence about the validity of the article too. However, if this is even remotely true....What the fark do we have an FDA for? And why aren't 'we the people' on their case to do their job?

I couldn't get the link open that IamMadMan posted but I agree with knowing where your food comes from. I raise, hunt and forage as much as possible. My animals are happy and healthy, you can taste the difference in the meat. imo

Back