THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TurboLover

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Erik
Guys I bought a Prime rib roast at Costco and I am wondering if it's a good idea to wet age it? This is a PRIME rib with beautiful marbling which I want to cut into steaks so I don't know if wet aging will make any difference? If I should wet age it what would be the minimum amount of time to do it?

Thanks

Is it still in the cryovac or is it repackaged on a styrofoam tray? If it's still in the cryovac, you can continue to wet age. Look for a packing date, it's probably already been wet aging.

Yes, it's still in cryovac and I know when it's been packaged. They gave it 30 days best before date on the package. But I am just wondering if I wet age it less than say 30 days is it going to make any difference since it's a prime quality piece. I am afraid to do it for more that 30 days anyway.

Back