Short ribs on the vertical offset! - Live

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257886

I purchased 1/2 a cow from a local farm.. Grass fed finished on 6 week grain.. Very nice well kept farm. I have ate about 10lbs of the burger, rib eye steak, sirloin steak, round steak, Bone marrow.... Hands down the best beef you can buy in this area.. Nothing can compare to it.

I asked for a whole slab of short ribs and whats left cut into squares for smoking/braising. This is that slab.. Quite excited as I've never ate short ribs.. and watching these things cook I just know they are gonna be delicious!
Nice!! Your post reminded me of my buddy. You know exactly what I mean, there is nothing like hand raised grass fed cows. I suggest to anybody to buy meat this way if you can. I would love to raise my own beef, but I would never have the heart to put old Bessy down.

Nice!! Your post reminded me of my buddy. You know exactly what I mean, there is nothing like hand raised grass fed cows. I suggest to anybody to buy meat this way if you can. I would love to raise my own beef, but I would never have the heart to put old Bessy down.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if its providing food on the table.. The trick is do not name it :p

I wouldn't have a problem with it if its providing food on the table.. The trick is do not name it :p

My sister in law and her husband did that very thing years ago. They named the cow BBQ. I would always laugh so hard when they would invite us over for BBQ. unfortunately, it just made their kids cry each time. But damn if BBQ wasn't tasty!

Haha, believe me, if I bought a cow, it would have a name and before long would probably be living in house. My women would make it a pet real fast.

Haha, believe me, if I bought a cow, it would have a name and before long would probably be living in house. My women would make it a pet real fast.

Well man.. my advice would be.. Don't raise your own live stock for food then HAHAH!.... I'm just messin with ya.. but truthfully I've seen it happen many times...

Back