Shirley shipping

I have used STI Delivers a couple of times and they do have pick up and delivery using a straight truck with lift gate. I have been very pleased with their service.

www.stidelivers.com

You might want to PM Brethren Retired Trucker. He's chimed in on these things before. Something like space available shipping but I don't remember any details.

Good Luck!

He too came in at 1300+$ plus. This is all so disappointing to say the least. Keep on searching.....
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I'm twice as far and paid around $1000. Wonder what has changed????

Sounds like a road trip might be your best option.

People always joke and say "drop it off at my house", but in all seriousness, you could ship it to me (I-81 corridor in NW virginia) and then swing down and pick it up. If the ny/nj area is what is driving the price up then this would help. My 1200 lb plus smoker was shipped to me from Ga for $600

People always joke and say "drop it off at my house", but in all seriousness, you could ship it to me (I-81 corridor in NW virginia) and then swing down and pick it up. If the ny/nj area is what is driving the price up then this would help. My 1200 lb plus smoker was shipped to me from Ga for $600
There you go, I was going to suggest finding a Brethren willing to house it for a few days, and getting it dropped outside of the premium zone.

I have a couple of friends who are truckers, who will not take shipments to NY, and Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Yes, what palmtreefrb said. I live in Pa. and Thomas shipped mine. They did a great job and it was not near 1,300.00. I would highly recommend him.

Well his prices changed then. He came in at 1300+$. Road trip is 100% out of the question.

Hire a brethren or friend to make the road trip. For 8-900 bucks, I bet somebody would be willing to make the trip.

These patio models can weigh in at close to 1400 lbs. Mine will need to travel over 2500 miles, that equates to 4 shipping terminals so it need to be crated like a tank. The crate can add $500 to the cost with labor/materials.

Where u located?

I paid around $700 to have someone pull it from Shirley in AL to Raleigh NC. They picked it up on Sunday morning and was @ my place late the same evening.

I own a trucking company and a freight brokerage but too be honest with ya I really only do full truckload stuff. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'd be happy to throw it out there on a few load boards I use at work and see if we could find anyone cheaper than 1300. I could also give you a list of other LTL carriers that we use on occasion when we have return product. Have you tried Estes, Yellow Freight, Old Dominion Freight Lines? Those are some of the bigger LTL guys in the biz. I can get you a list of others when I get to work tomorrow.

How did you list the cooker on UShip? Here's what I did a few weeks ago and it panned out well.

I got on USHIP and placed two ads both auction style listings. One was in the appliance section and the second was in LTL freight. (LTL means less than a full load). A lot of companies will only accept crated/palletized cargo so they weren't an option... I also read company profiles and requested a bunch of bids. It works 2 ways, company's can see your listing and bid... Or you can contact them and request a bid. I also sent a lot of requests to shippers that transport motorcycles (Goldwing/full dress Harleys). If you already tried all of this then I'm stumped... If not, maybe give it a go?

Keep us posted

Back