THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just put mine on to simmer. Substituted the ground beef and sausage with 4lbs of chuck, and a naked fattie that I smoked yesterday.

Attachments

• qIt2JHB - Imgur.jpg
    qIt2JHB - Imgur.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
OP, looks like a good recipe. Since you said this is a competition recipe, how do you deal with the seeds in the canned stewed tomatoes?

Love the Idea of a smoked chuckie and Fatty Chili.. How did it turn out? :clap:

I think it turned out fantastic! A large pot is now sitting in our break room for a chili cook off in approx 8 minutes! I'll let you know how it does!

For grins, my families first words were "it's really good, but where are the beans?" :doh: :laugh:

I think it turned out fantastic! A large pot is now sitting in our break room for a chili cook off in approx 8 minutes! I'll let you know how it does!

For grins, my families first words were "it's really good, but where are the beans?" :doh: :laugh:

Awesome, I think you should win lol...And what Beans lol

I'll be buying the stuff to make some this weekend. Looks like a big recipe, so I think I'll be doing half.

Picked up a chuckie and some ground hot italian sausage. I think I'm going to cube the chuckie as small as I can

To whomever suggested chocolate and cinnamon :puke: You must be from Cincinnati

Love kidney and black beans in chili.

My recipe is usually made with ground beef and pork. Switched it up this weekend and used a pork butt I smoked and froze a month or so ago, along with ground beef. Came out amazing. My recipe usually turns out a little on the loose side but the shredded pork tightened this batch up a lot and added great flavor. Will do again

Chocolate is great in chili and in moderation so is cinnamon. Regionally, I think of Mexico instead of Cincinnati for the inspiration of the two ingredients.

So how did ya do?

As I promised, some pr0n from my cook. I made a half batch. I started out with a 2.25# chuckie and cut it into cubes from 1/4 to 3/8 inches in size, then I heavily cold smoked them for ~1 hour using pecan chips (used about 3 handfuls over 6 coals of kingsford). From there I browned them on the stove, and my god did that smell good! Browned up 1# of hot italian sausage, then sweated the veggies down real good. The only other changed I made to the recipe was I used Hot Mexican style chili powder, chipotle flakes instead of red pepper, and I substitued one of the cans of stewed tomatoes with diced tomatoes w/chipotle. It's still simmering on the stove so I can't yet tell you how it tastes, but it smells real nice. I'll report back in a couple hours! Now, the pr0n:
EfUOjBU.jpg

1cc7FvC.jpg

Dw1Zpty.jpg

Xi48sNq.jpg

Md6FNGd.jpg

Well, it's finished. And I've got to say it's pretty damn good! I did end up adding about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1/2-3/4 teaspoon of salt as well to fit my taste. I really like the idea of using V8...how have I never thought of that?...It adds a little bit of body to the recipe. I for sure will be making this again, and tweaking as I go with each make. Thanks for the recipe!
GmWpLWe.jpg

Back