Shenanigans in "Clovistan" - Ongoing Post w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Greetings fellow Pharkers and Pharkettes!

After a busy week and some nasty turbulence over NM on Weds night, I'm happy to have a day off. What does Shadow do with a Friday off? Cook & prep projects for the weekend!

Stroll out to the chariot on Weds evening:
IMG_1941_zpsznjunkxu.jpg

Sunday's "Latin Wings" thanks to T.Mac

Family pack of wings, some Mojo and Bitter Orange... into the fridge for a solid 48.

2017-01-13%2013.46.25_zpsfisesjfc.jpg

Gotta get these chicken thighs into the Indian Tandoori Marinade for tonight's dinner!

2017-01-13%2014.05.25_zpsvb692en3.jpg

2017-01-13%2014.21.04_zpsihsk8htp.jpg

OK... that's resting in the fridge... time to hit tomorrow's Thai-Inspired Ribs with Sriracha Glaze (Thanks, Buccs!)

2017-01-13%2014.27.44_zpsihe5tluu.jpg

Buccs did this with "rib-lets," and I've done it with baby backs... We've got friends coming over tomorrow night, so it's time to try it with a rack of St. Louis Spares!

Buccs did a great job of providing a basic flavor profile for the marinade - Shallots, Lemongrass, Thai Chiles, Garlic, and sugar to start

2017-01-13%2014.33.44_zpsjo0oeosz.jpg

Add a couple of good glugs of soy sauce, about 4 Tbs of quality Thai fish sauce, and another 4 Tbs of lime juice... whisk together, and you get this:

2017-01-13%2014.41.03_zpsaxgjavj7.jpg

No "Jumbo" Ziptop bags to be found out here in the sticks of E NM! I had to get creative... and I've seen you guys "roll" a rack to smoke it... why not into a gallon ziptop bag!?

2017-01-13%2014.58.43_zpsudwqnmal.jpg

OK... so the wings and now the ribs are marinating in the fridge for the next 24 / 48 hours. Time to get rocking on this Tandoori Chicken Curry! Fired up the Vortex and added the thighs to the kettle for a bit.

2017-01-13%2017.23.10_zpstqshcwyj.jpg

The Vortex does amazing things with chicken skin!

2017-01-13%2017.23.31_zpsyvbiv5jh.jpg

2017-01-13%2017.54.11_zpsocphhqfa.jpg

Sweat down some onion, garlic, and ginger with some avocado oil... then add some good Hot Curry Paste.

2017-01-13%2018.12.03_zpsyywdz6q9.jpg

Cut up the Tandoori Chicken and add to the pan... add a can of diced tomatoes, and a bit of water before simmering for about 20 minutes.

2017-01-13%2018.49.21_zpsyr0yh8hd.jpg

Momma whipped up some mean Sag-a-loo (potatoes with Indian spices... combined with wilted spinach right at the end).

2017-01-13%2018.53.33_zpspfb9dkfu.jpg

I whipped up some raita (with onion, cucumber, some Greek yogurt, a bit of S&P, and I like a little garlic powder) to help cool/control the burn. Momma plated the lot and we destroyed it in good order. Even our munchkin enjoyed the Tandoori Chicken (w/o the curry and heat)!

2017-01-13%2018.59.09_zpsfdv4z8ob.jpg

Sorry, but you'll have to put up with me for a couple more days... :shocked: as I'll harass you with pictures of tomorrow's ribs (and the rib tips I hit hard with John Henry's Apple Chipotle), and then there's my standard Sunday wings post... :roll:

Y'all have a great weekend!

Your definitely eating good this weekend Shadow. Loving tonight's dinner for sure.

Kind words, folks. Just put the munchkin down for the night (OK... so, she wanted momma to do it tonight... :cry: )...

Was a nice sunset as we walked out to the bird, Sako. Wish I could've snapped a decent picture on the way home last night... beat the pants off of Weds!

Sorry DS! Hope you saw something good! Haven't seen a "real movie" since the last Star Wars on USMC Camp Foster on Okinawa (with a packed house!) last Christmas... guess we should remedy that eh? *chuckle*

Thanks, Bill. We're suckers for Indian food... especially after living in the UK for a while! We try to make a point of learning to cook our favorites before we leave a new country.

Kind regards,
Shadow

Not sure if you'd be able to see it, but I believe those birds are just above the grey Ford off to the right.

Assuming, of course, the 130s I'm thinking of are on the far end of the runway near the Wilmot gate.

These are from last spring while we were installing communication lines for the new runway lighting...ILS, I believe?

xOkZN9.jpg

Not only have I never tried those dishes but I've never even heard of them. I would however hit any of that real hard. Nothing but good stuff in it so it must be good. Real pretty food too.

Back