Shenandoah Valley style Chicken

I live about 30 min from Shenandoah Valley, I have never heard of this...I must try it!

Looks terrific bro.

I be you've seen the chicken barbecues held all around the area by volunteer fire departments, 4H clubs, Ruritan clubs, etc. All of them cook a version of Virginia Shenandoah Valley-style chicken.

Virginians have never been big on bragging about their BBQ so they don't usually describe it as "Virginia BBQ" but Virginia BBQ it is.

The recipe goes back decades and was made famous first in the Harrisonburg, VA area.

I be you've seen the chicken barbecues held all around the area by volunteer fire departments, 4H clubs, Ruritan clubs, etc. All of them cook a version of Virginia Shenandoah Valley-style chicken.

Virginians have never been big on bragging about their BBQ so they don't usually describe it as "Virginia BBQ" but Virginia BBQ it is.

The recipe goes back decades and was made famous first in the Harrisonburg, VA area.

Boshizzle--do they do just chicken BBQ's?

Where my dad is from in West TN, a lot of churches sold chickens on Friday when they were preparing the pits for the pigs. The pigs then cooked overnight and were sold Saturday. (Not as good as your chicken recipe, however, they just used a commercial marinade, Wicker's is the name I think)

Interesting how different places do it differently.

ok no laughing guys.....but I thought the breast meat was supposed to be 160-165...not 150. What’d I miss?? Beautiful birds BTW....Beeeyouteefull!!!!!!

Back