SF Test cook for graduation and help ID log type

After thinking about all this I think maybe my cook was shorter too because the temp is a little hotter at the roast level vs the grate level. Good to know though. IDK if the early wrap was the real cause or the reported temp at the grate level...pondering this..

2FunKidz,

How much water does your pan hold? I'm debating how big a pan I should place this weekend. I figure we both have SF cookers of roughly the same size.

I can say that is about the deepest smoke ring I've ever seen on ribs. Babybacks? I too would like to know what kind of wood. Looks good though!

I used dry Michigan Red oak on the baby backs and some cherry mixed in. For the water pan I used a deep cookie sheet. I let it dry out though, what a mess to clean it up. I would try to find a shallow tin pan. Thanks

Nevermind I seen it typed - you shot the temp laser at them.....BUT why does one temp have a capital F and the others a lower case f and one no F/f....Hmmmmm

Nevermind I seen it typed - you shot the temp laser at them.....BUT why does one temp have a capital F and the others a lower case f and one no F/f....Hmmmmm

Hmmmm haha, My wife was going to bed without me and I was in a hurry? clap2:

Gotta go. Have a good night.

Back