Schoolday sliders for an always-hungry teenager.

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Schoolday sliders for an ever-hungry kid.

I hope you each are getting some of this insanely great local weather and some time off to enjoy hanging with your family.

Had a 3:30pm turn in time for this cook.

Sounds dumb to put time limits on grilling.....but, for me it's a good practice.

I tend to wander and delay.

I do, however, subscribe to the "serve no BBQ before it's time" motto.

I need to invest in a way to hold my BBQ at set temps......so I can cook & complete earlier and be ready & waiting for my tribe......vs. them waiting on me. :good:

I did succeed in one important aspect of today's cook........My Son walked in the door from school this afternoon and said, "What time are the burgers gonna be ready ?".

He had no idea what I was making other than the clue of the nasal assault that hit him in the driveway. He knew that someone nearby was grilling.....what they were grilling........and a good idea who the culprit was. :rofl:

Also made one of his favorite side dishes to go with them. I had to.....since I bombed on it last time. NOTE: If you use dried red peppers in anything.......know that they may be crunchy in the end result. (My left-field observation).

One delay was that I'd made an error in the store earlier.

Seems I'd not carefully examined what I grabbed.

Today's blanket statement: Not all "Hawaiian-type bread is the same thing as King's Hawaiian". Seems that folks at SL use very, very similar colors and markings as the real-deal King's Hawaiian.

LUQPxQJ.png

Not only was the flavor not as good as the original.....but these had to be sliced, too.

NcQbJei.png

Side dish made ready first:

OY6rLDF.png

s6rURxW.png

1/2 sweet onion finely diced and added to the mix

This was poured over the top of everything else:

vllhaxL.png

Onto the grill:

78AdrGT.png

6YRhWOm.png

Slider time:

4 lbs of 73/27 ground beef......

zO6TcKo.png

Two big jalapeños:

OFfT2ya.png

0HxWU4S.png

One large sweet onion.....1/2 in the sliders.......1/2 went in the mac'n'cheese.

SMfI69I.png

1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs & 1/2 cup Don's Seasoning Delight.

YZO9jHP.png

yG34eAX.png

V4IQrzY.png

0WwwjeM.png

kkr2hgc.png

4wEPDM1.png

Melted butter & stuff on the tops......homebrew BBQ sauce on the bottoms:

FekrtgJ.png

Bacon......gotta have it !

Sr4RFOd.png

Sharp cheddar & dill pickle slices added:

3aefLX9.png

Lids in place and wrapped in foil and tossed on the grill for a few minutes to toast-melt everything.

Kkfqg2f.png

0zoZI89.png

DkLG2HD.png

Son ate two of these plates and asked if there was dessert ? :rofl:

V2tGchz.png

Music enjoyed for this cook was these two albums:

86YsE7N.png

p6H9Prs.png

A fairly easy cook that could be easily doubled for a larger group. The slider amount could easily be doubled to match up with the grilled mac'n'cheese amount cooked today.

I could kill that right now! Thanks for the pics. You're a good pop Dub. Teenagers can arrive in a pack with no notice, and are always hungry. I thought I'd have less of this with a daughter, but when a few hungry girls show up, they start to attract hungry boys. I always had to have a pile of food on hand with zero notice…and my .45 (it not always food those nasty boys were hungry for!)

WOW what a lucky son I would have to tell him that desert was another helping of sliders and mac and cheese

You need one of those old restaurant steam bun warmers so you can wrap in foil and keep the finished sliders in to keep them nice and warm but not dried out until the gang arrives. Should give you a chance to sit down and enjoy a cool adult beverage before the assault!

Omar

I'd hit that hard!

I feel your pain on the dessert thing...half the time my boys aren't done swallowing the last of their food when they ask for dessert :shock:

Those look great dub. Think I might try that this weekend. The wifey loves the King's Hawaiian rolls. Great slider buns.

Great looking "snack" Dub. I remember having the boy (and his friends) come around after school. Used to complain about the amount of food that went their way. Now the boy's off in the Navy, grocery bill is less, but it does get pretty quiet around here sometimes... :cry:

Back