Sausage: Chicken Bacon Cheese, Pork Cilantro Bratwurst & Beef Philly Cheesesteak for New One

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
When the last kid was born I made a bunch of sausages for him that would forever be known as "Ethan's Sausages" (thread here) so I'm doing the same thing for new tiny human and he will also have recipes dedicated to him. Just something random that the wife and I thought would be cool to have made the week after they were born and something we could always reference as "theirs" :becky:.

This go round I'm making 3 types (all will be 10lb batches)
1. Chicken Bacon Cheese: This will be the first time I've used the high temp cheese
2. Pork Cilantro Bratwurst: I have a ton of cubed up pork in my freezer and been wanting to get a better Bratwurst recipe so trying it again
3. Beef Philly Cheesesteak: Doing this because before kid #1 was born I made philly cheesesteaks for dinner the night before and she went into labor. Was going to again on Friday, but the kid couldn't even wait for that :biggrin1:. So I thought it would be a good theme for a sausage.

Got the already cubed up beef chuck and pork thawing a smidge so I can grind it tonight and mix, will case them tomorrow. I have the high temp cheese coming Wed so waiting to make the chicken.
cDk996Zl.jpg

Got the peppers and onions sauted and cooling for mixing later along with spice prep for both. I find getting it all ready to mix ahead is an easy step to make making large batches easier.
hmRBiFJl.jpg

zrGixLyl.jpg

YDau4Zpl.jpg

xt56oaAl.jpg

ynrKjbel.jpg

sUvX25hl.jpg

I'll keep things updated over the next few days and similar to the last time I did this I do slightly update the recipes depending how the first batches turn out and if they need spice changes. I do mix and sample, but after smoking you get the true taste.

That's a really cool thing to do to welcome a new one into the family. Seems like the perfect entry into a family like yours!

Awesome job Jason.... put a stipulation in there if this stuff is crazy good and later in his life he markets it..... he has to give mamma and daddy some royalties :p

1st time injecting and way under injected feedback

whoops, but congrats again.

Nice!

Great picture of the helpers too. :)

Do tell a lil more about the cheesesteak sausage. For the meat? Ribeye? Cheese mixture used? Seasonings?

Looks awesome...gonna try it...guess I could wing it.

Do tell a lil more about the cheesesteak sausage. For the meat? Ribeye? Cheese mixture used? Seasonings?

Looks awesome...gonna try it...guess I could wing it.

Chuck. And just salt and pepper. Kind of eye balled the shredded cheese. Costco Monterey Jack. My first go round so any type would probably work

Back