Sausage Balls

cueball21

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob, aka, Uncle
I just made a batch of sausage balls. Here's my recipe.

3 cups Bisquick mix
1 pound uncooked sausage
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk

Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. You can use whatever you want but I found it much easier to mix with my hands. Getting it mixed well is a workout.

Shape mixture into small balls - about the size of a ping pong ball. Place on greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or till done.

Dipping sauce: mix 1/2 cup apple jelly with mustard to taste.

I used Jimmy Dean regular sausage and added about a tablespoon of cayenne to it because I wanted just a touch of heat. Instead of Parmesan I used Asiago cheese because I had some and not enough Parmesan (don't use that crap in the green container). I used parchment paper to make cleanup easier.

I doubled the recipe shown above and got about 50-60 sausage balls from it. I also found that 18 minutes was the perfect cooking time in my preheated oven. Yours is probably different so watch the first batch until you're happy with the browning.

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

My son-in-law fixed a similar recipe, but we cooked it indirect on the kettle with just a hint of smoke.

I'm sure it's just as good from the oven. :thumb:

Sausage Balls and Snicker doodles.

The tastes of Christmas, except we eat sausage balls year round

Made sausage balls last Thursday for a meeting and made them again yesterday for a church Christmas party. While standing in line yesterday I realized that I had made a total of 9 pounds of sausage balls in less than a week. That is a new record for me.

This is basically the Betty Crocker recipe for Sausage Balls and the same one I use, except I add a pinch of dried Rosemary.

oh-wow-you-have-some-beautiful-balls.gif

Back