THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time out:
Harry Soo has a YouTube how to turn a Wal-Mart Select into award winning brisket. When not hull deep in catfish Mr Smitty Jones has been preaching the Wal-Mart Select process a long while. Smitty is right. Tight lines

Time In

You can afford Wagyu beef?

It's "American" wagyu so $5.99 a pound. [emoji14]

American Wagyu is good stuff but, so are pasture raised classic British breeds. American Wagyu, Certified Angus/Hereford, and F1 crosses (Angus/Hereford) from a grass pasture environment are all delicious and priced similarly! Wagyu is really a marketing buzzword today just like CAB was and still is to a certain degree. Personally, I'd be thrilled with any of these on my plate! :icon_smile_tongue:

In restaurants, I'd be really cautious about spending big money on 'Wagyu' just like I would with more expensive fish entrees. Like EVOO (olive oil), Wagyu is often a different piece of meat and, most fish in restaurants are really Tilapia though it really doesn't matter much in a heavily sauced or spiced entree IMHO; it's just false advertising and deception. :mad2:

Back