Rub,Rub,Rub

Macdoesit

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
lyn
New to forum and first thread.
I have been smoking meat for several years but I have yet to find a rub that I like. Not a pork rib fan. Does anyone have a Brisket rub that you really like? I also like a good bark. I don't care for anything with heat.

I prefer Plowboys Bovine Bold for brisket. It has a unique flavor, not too peppery, not too salty, and not too sweet. Very well balanced.

Kosher salt and 16 mesh black pepper. Either 50/50 or more pepper than salt. The pepper helps alot with forming a great bark. After that you can add more spices but you can make a great brisket with just salt and pepper.

$4.95 a bag :heh:

SPfwqjzl.jpg
q8fjpl4l.jpg

YiKDY2Ml.jpg

:heh:

Unlimited commercial rubs on the market. And I have a fairly large cache. Most are fantastic. However if you want to make your own this will work as a rub, seasoning, adjustment to seasoning etc etc

2 parts coarse black pepper like 16Mesh or restaurant grind
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Lawry's seasoning salt

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Lyn. I have used several different brisket rubs and none have totally knocked my socks off. If you locate one let me know.

This is the worst place to ask for rub recommendations. LOL

Also, theres just too many rubs out there nowadays. I remember when everybody swore by Plowboys.

Okc

New to forum and first thread.
I have been smoking meat for several years but I have yet to find a rub that I like. Not a pork rib fan. Does anyone have a Brisket rub that you really like? I also like a good bark. I don't care for anything with heat.

If you haven’t been, you should go to Kosmo’s store near hwy 40 and Meridian. I really like his Cow Cover and usually put on a layer of one of his steak rubs with it.

salt pepper garlic for brisket bud don't over power the meat. I do like PS seasonings though for rubs they have a few I like prime time and the bbq general. for my short ribs and butt i like to use spg and then add a light layer of those two rubs.

If you haven’t been, you should go to Kosmo’s store near hwy 40 and Meridian. I really like his Cow Cover and usually put on a layer of one of his steak rubs with it.

Tried some of their rubs a couple years ago, didn't like them.

Thanks for the ideas. I will try them on burgers first.
I have tried.
1-Salt, Pepper, Garlic.
2- Kent Rollins Original.
3- Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
4- Cattle Drive
5- Daddy Hinkle
6- Kosmos
7- Montreal
8- Lots of online recipes.

Going to smoke some hamburgers and try some of the suggestions, also a seasoning called (Texas T Bones)

Seems you just need it Simple.

Salt. Pepper. Granulated Garlic. Easy on the brown sugar. Small dusting of smoked paprika.

Back