RTIC Summer Sale

Those are some great prices!

I have been thinking about a soft cooler but haven’t been able to justify the price.

Does anyone have an RTIC soft cooler? What do you think about it?

I have the 20. It’s a fantastic cooler. Keeps loose ice for days. Frozen plastic bottles longer.

Last edited:

I have been thinking about a soft cooler but haven’t been able to justify the price.

I leave the house with a full 20 every day, the quality is there and has held up to hard use surprisingly well.

Everything we have bought from them has been better than expected, we've accumulated lots of drinkware and a few of their roto molded coolers and all of it has been really well made and holds up well.

Ron,

I have a soft 40 and love it. I've never done a test to see how long it will hold ice. I got it on a 50% off sale. I got the Kanati Camo because the other colors they offered during the sale were all darker colors. I surmised the darker colors wouldn't hold ice as long while at a tail gate party or picnic when exposed to the sun on hot days.

Trying to talk myself into ordering a 40 for my two sons for Christmas. My wife just rolls her eyes when I mention it.

robert

I have one as well and love it. Very ruggedly made and does its job insulating quite well. I've got the softpack 30.

Ron,

I have a soft 40 and love it. I've never done a test to see how long it will hold ice. I got it on a 50% off sale. I got the Kanati Camo because the other colors they offered during the sale were all darker colors. I surmised the darker colors wouldn't hold ice as long while at a tail gate party or picnic when exposed to the sun on hot days.

Trying to talk myself into ordering a 40 for my two sons for Christmas. My wife just rolls her eyes when I mention it.

robert

I have one as well and love it. Very ruggedly made and does its job insulating quite well. I've got the softpack 30.

Thanks guys! I am thinking about one for steak cook offs, so I don't need it to hold for more than a day, but like to portability.

Jason, is the 3o a good size or do you wish you had the 40? I would be carrying some water and beer, and a couple of food items, and that's about it.

Thanks guys! I am thinking about one for steak cook offs, so I don't need it to hold for more than a day, but like to portability.

Jason, is the 3o a good size or do you wish you had the 40? I would be carrying some water and beer, and a couple of food items, and that's about it.

I'm pretty happy with the size of it, but I do relegate it to light-duty.

I think I could easily put all my cold stuff for a SCA event in it without a problem.

I have the soft 30 and it is about the perfect size for me. The 30 comfortably holds about 20 beers and a bag of ice. Or 12 beers, food, and ice if that's your thing

In regards to size, I think the 30 is the largest I would want to go if carrying it any significant distance. It gets hefty but not unruly. I feel like the 40 would start to get heavy if fully loaded down

I have the soft 30 and it is about the perfect size for me. The 30 comfortably holds about 20 beers and a bag of ice. Or 12 beers, food, and ice if that's your thing

In regards to size, I think the 30 is the largest I would want to go if carrying it any significant distance. It gets hefty but not unruly. I feel like the 40 would start to get heavy if fully loaded down

Good info Erik! 20 cans and a bag of ice is heavy enough :)

Any idea is I could fit a foil half pan in the 30? If I use it for steak cook offs It would be useful to just be able to stick the steaks in the top to keep them chilled.

I have several RTIC coolers, both hard and soft side versions. I a very pleased it with my purchases. I recently purchased a 30 soft side for $85 shipped to the door. June 1st was a price increase. The same cooler is now $99 not including a tariff fee. Also if you live in GA you will now have to pay taxes on your purchase. They now have a brick and mortar store in Suwanee. I would still buy another.

I picked up the 30. Love it so far....

so the 40, you can stand a wine bottle straight up, the 30 you can fit 3 of them across the bottom, but not standing up.

rb

I do, Ron! It's (30) has been great over the last year I've had it. Durable and holds ice very well. It's worth it!

Last edited:
Its more than I usually like to pay for icechests, but Getting it for $100 seemed to be worth it somehow. I have been through too many cheap bag coolers that leak and are more of a pain than they are worth. The couple times I have used it, i really like my 30. It has a great capacity and will hold ice for a solid day.

That being said, id have never bought it for $200. Could never justify that in my head.

rb

Have a soft side 30 and a couple hard side.... all worth every penny. They pay for themselves with the savings on ice alone.

I love my softside 20. Never had a leak. I won 2 of the 15 can backpack coolers a couple weeks ago. Gave one to dad for father's day and the other to the wife. We've been using it this week at the beach and it worked great. No leaks at all and held ice good for sitting in the straight sun for multiple hours. I'll may end up getting one for myself since I gifted the one's I won away. I use the 20 alot and it's not showing any sign of wear. I would recommend to get some of their zipper lube. They can be tough to unzip one handed but a couple applications of the lube makes it an easy task. Even put it on my luggage and gun tote bag.

Back