ribs on the barrel house cooker

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I know this cooker gets alot of flack but to be honest it performs well. just light a fire in the charcoal basket and set the intake and it cruises along. good fuel mileage as well

I found some small baby back ribs under 2.5 lbs, the way I like em and a 3 bone rack of beef backs that came off a rib roast I sliced into steaks. trimming your own is about the only way to get a decent beef back. salt and pepper no wrap no sauce today the ribs just hung out while I cleaned the yard. pellets have been fun but it's time to get back to charcoal and wood fires.

even Bruno enjoyed the nice weather

this cooker seems to give ribs a crispy almost grilled bark. it's good but maybe ribs could be wrapped the last part of the cook. cooked fast, 3.5 hrs........no sides

back into the shadows

Nice bones. Only issue I've had with mine is drippings putting out part of the fire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$45 well spent. I like that little thing. Considering getting a Hunsaker now, but I will probably hold onto the BHC. Made some awesome ribs and tri tip on it.

How long will it go before needing to replenish fuel? I know the PBC supposedly gets about 8 hours, BHC similar in your experience?

Personally, I like the design on this BHC, I like that you can lift it off the base to access the charcoal and clean it out and I like that the intake is all the way on the bottom sort of like a Hunsaker drum.

Was sort of bummed out that the new model is going to be $299 though, it seemed like a better option when Wal-mart was selling them for $197 (and less once they started trying to liquidate the older stock). At $299 its a bit harder to justify versus a PBC or even a WSM to my way of thinking.

Ribs look awesome and make me want to try some without sauce (even though i love sauce on everything). However, BEST part of this picture was the Frenchy. Think that may be my next dog I buy.

Nice looking cook!! I like the idea of no sides, if there are no guests, I want it to be just me and the main dish.

Ribs look delicious, good thing Bruno was on the job guarding those bones.

How long will it go before needing to replenish fuel? I know the PBC supposedly gets about 8 hours, BHC similar in your experience?

Personally, I like the design on this BHC, I like that you can lift it off the base to access the charcoal and clean it out and I like that the intake is all the way on the bottom sort of like a Hunsaker drum.

Was sort of bummed out that the new model is going to be $299 though, it seemed like a better option when Wal-mart was selling them for $197 (and less once they started trying to liquidate the older stock). At $299 its a bit harder to justify versus a PBC or even a WSM to my way of thinking.

I got in for $90 and am extremely happy. the design is easy to use. I do feel the fire basket is a bit small, my first cook test ran for just over 6 hrs with lump, I'm sure I could get 8 if I packed it in. it runs hot enough that I feel you could easily finish a butt and a brisket would be real close if not done (I oven hold brisket anyway)

Ribs look awesome and make me want to try some without sauce (even though i love sauce on everything). However, BEST part of this picture was the Frenchy. Think that may be my next dog I buy.

Bruno is a good looking dog.

thanks.

Bruno is a French bulldog and pitbull mix. it's a great mix, alot of the health problems with frenchys are corrected by him being a mutt. he's really hyped up but is a good dog. I take him all over......he's even been to a few bbq competitions

Ribs look good but I might need a bigger picture to show Bruno's handler....

Nice being far enough away that neither you or :becky: can smack me!

Back