THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
So one of my local markets had Rib Roasts on sale. I decided pick one up and cut some Ribeye Steaks off it.

I unwrapped it and cut the twine holding on the bones

and removed them.

I cut 3 2” steaks and the end piece ended up at approximately 1.5”. (I chose the second one from the right to cook)

I seasoned it with some Primo Chicago Stockyard Dry Rub. I wrapped this in plastic wrap and let it rest for 4 hours.

I had made a fire using some almond wood in our fire pit. After it was nice and hot I placed the steak over the flames.

After approximately 1.5 minutes I flipped it.

After another 1.5 minutes I moved over to the other side of the grill an let it come up to an IT of 130 degrees. I then brought it inside and let it rest on the counter for 8 minutes.

I then sliced it in half.

I then sliced it into approximately 3/8” slices and plated it up with some asparagus, a baked potato and a Stone Coffee Milk Stout.

It was delicious.

Thanks for looking.

It doesn't matter how many ribeye posts or videos I've already seen, I'm always a sucker for the next one. Never gets old!

That last steak photo of the cross section looked absolutely delicious. I need to thaw my four-bone 49-dayer and GET COOKIN!!!

Smoke on ����

Back