Ribeye on the Weber Summit

I'm impressed you were able to keep that Craycort so clean. I had a Craycort in my Kettle and I always struggled with the crevices.

I started using a putty knife for my griddles on the Joe's. I never though of using a putty knife on regular grates.

At some you have to show off a high temp Pizza cook on the summit.

Good idea. The problem with pizza is I know what I don't know about it. Like I could throw together some dough and cook "a pizza," but I know it would probably drive "pizza guys" crazy that I'm not doing something right. lol.

I am also starting to feel annoyed by my WSCG grate. The cleaning is one thing, the other is I got to deal with two grates every time I start it up. The insert grate is always much more greasy to handle compared to the big grate.

I don't use any BBQ gourmet inserts so this is just adding inconvenience for me.

I am also starting to feel annoyed by my WSCG grate. The cleaning is one thing, the other is I got to deal with two grates every time I start it up. The insert grate is always much more greasy to handle compared to the big grate.

I don't use any BBQ gourmet inserts so this is just adding inconvenience for me.

Yeah, I too would prefere to not have the gourmet BBQ system. Maybe they will make a replacement with out it.

Weber should make a standard halfmoon CI grate for Summit.

I'd love to have a Summit for camping trips and tailgating. I'm waiting for Weber to release a 22 inch version and lower prices.

I've never understood the Junior Kamado. They're too small, too heavy and too fragile to travel with. I'd rather stick with something rugged and metal for the road and camping trips.

Yeah, I too would prefere to not have the gourmet BBQ system. Maybe they will make a replacement with out it.

I hear you guys. It reminds me of the new cars that come with satellite radio or On-Star. You pay for the unit so that they can get you to pay for the service. Same thing with those Weber Gourmet accessories. Personally, I think for the price they charged, they should have thrown the accessories in instead of making it an obvious up sell attempt but that's just me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQnQUX-0DY

These ribeye turned out ridiculously good. I got them at Sam's Club (been shopping at Costco for the last few years.)

I tried to make this video more "laid back" and I think I accomplished that because after my wife watched it, she said she wanted to take a nap. I didn't know whether to be offended or proud of myself. lol

Love the cast iron grate. Have those on my Weber Kettle.

Very nice.

No idea why Weber doesn't offer cast iron grates for kettles like they use to.

I did not know that was ever an option. I bought my cast iron grates elsewhere.
Been a few years but Weber has offered cast iron before. Have 3 of their cast iron griddles along with some cast iron grates. Their CI griddles and grates were designed to fit both the old gas Genesis (late 90's) and 22.5" charcoal kettles. The griddles were two-sided...one flat and the other side ribbed. Weber sold a wire holder for kettles along with the griddle. Was kinda surprised to find this wire rack and grate a couple years ago in my back shed in an old (1986) camping OTS. Forgot they were out there

[URL="

Personally, I think Weber screwed the pooch giving up cast iron to the after-market

Thanks for posting another Great video. I do not the social media gig aside from the Fine folks here.

I have the Cracorts in my Weber GA and, yes they do require some care.

Been a few years but Weber has offered cast iron before. Have 3 of their cast iron griddles along with some cast iron grates. Their CI griddles and grates were designed to fit both the old gas Genesis (late 90's) and 22.5" charcoal kettles. The griddles were two-sided...one flat and the other side ribbed. Weber sold a wire holder for kettles along with the griddle. Was kinda surprised to find this wire rack and grate a couple years ago in my back shed in an old (1986) camping OTS. Forgot they were out there

[URL="

Personally, I think Weber screwed the pooch giving up cast iron to the after-market

Dude! that's awesome. You need to spend some more time in that shed and see what other good stuff you can find like that!

Back